View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 02:12 PM

Default Ear Pads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I'll describe some differences by focusing on micro details between two flagship priced headphones. Keep in mind, these comparisons are focusing on minor differences between the two.

I have the Abyss Diana V2 and the Empyrean.
Empyrean has a little softer/mushier but louder bass (but only by comparison),
and it's not as edgy bright on the highs. I prefer the tonal balance of the empyrean. The Empyrean will still need a headphone amp, but it sounds good on most headphone amps. This headphone is considered easy to drive. The Empyrean seems better built, but looks a little goofy on the head.

The Diana V2, has weak bass that is incredibly fast (by comparison). On a popular headphone forum, it's considered hard to drive which is the reason behind weak bass. Either get a more powerful amp, or get a more powerful amp and get the 6,000 flagship buy abyss AB-1266. With a 4-6 watt headphone amp. The Diana V2 is brighter, cleaner, clearer than the Empyrean at the expense of sounding a little bright. The Diana is hard to drive, so no portable battery powered headphone amps do it well. Diana is a hard fit, it fits me perfectly, while others don't fit so well. The pads are thinner, the pads don't articulate nearly as well for all head shapes. The paint they use is garbage. They should do a premium anodizing, but instead they use a paint the rubs of on the sharp edges.
I'm curious as to which set of ear pads you prefer for the Empyrean and which set you used to compare with the Diana V2.