View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
Thanks for the reply and as always your answers are very informative My Luxman integrated and CDP have no ground at the power input and I've always wondered if this is truly beneficial as I know it should eliminate ground loop problems. All my power loom is Shunyata and I'm also running a Talos. Don't really have the budget to upgrade to the Triton V2 or Denali. That said I've been thinking about a alternative grounding system for my setup.
You don't need an expensive box to ground your components. You can make a grounding system fairly easily. Buy or make some grounding wires for each of your components. Put ring terminals on one end of each wire. Use a copper or brass bolt and some washers and stack all the ground rings on the bolt. Put a washer and nut on it and tighten it.

Get a good quality AC plug. Run a short ground wire from the ground bolt stack into the AC plug. Connect the wire to the ground pin in AC plug. DO NOT make a mistake with this step - if you don't know what you're doing don't do it.

Plug the AC plug into your power conditioner or power strip if you use one. If not, plug it into the same outlet as your system is plugged into.

Then use all the ground wires to connect your component chassis.

Test the effects of each component one by one.