View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 02:46 PM

Hi all. I’ve had my MA352 since early November 2021. I would say overall I am pretty happy with it. I did have an experience similar to what DavidParis described above. Right out of the box, it sounded pretty good. Then about 40 hours in, it turned very harsh sounding with sibilance in the treble of anything I listened to. Didn’t matter if it was an analog or digital source. I stuck with it thinking maybe it just needed more time to burn in. At about 80 hours, the harshness went away. It has not returned since. I have no idea if it was the tubes, the amplifier section, or what, but it was a very noticeable transformation.

At this point, I am sort of on the fence as to whether I will keep it, or sell/trade and move up into Mac tube separates. I feel like I’ve gotten a taste of McIntosh with this piece, but now I want more.

I joined this forum in the hopes of getting some advice from those with more experience with McIntosh. Looking for opinions on the best options on what Mac gear to pair with my Martin Logan Impressions.