View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
I do have 3 separate 20amp receptacles, one for each monoblocks and one for the rest of the gear. I just need to decide... It's good to know even the old 400 is still better than new 402e.
You are correct. Mono blocks not only sound better but have significantly higher trade in value as well. I see you have done your homework. Remember, these amps are much more powerful than 400 watts. These beasts will probably easily exceed their specs by 25% and really should be rated at about 1,000 watts at 4 ohms. Most speakers these days are 4 ohms. If I were to switch from Mac to some other amp, it would almost certaily be these amps. If you don't mind the heat and electricity drain these amps are among the absolute best on the market, period. I have always loved the Krell sound: smooth extended highs, open neutral midrange, and powerful not bloated extremely well controlled bass. With two of these new mono blocks you will never have to buy another amp. I kept my FPB 700Cx for about 10 years through one major overhaul till it literally wore out.