Thread: MC275 club
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 05:40 AM

Interesting thoughts, facts and feedback, gents. Thanks.

A bit about my setup. My amps mate with a C1100 and play into a pair of Tannoy Kensington GR speakers (93db sensitivity). Sources are generally a Rega P10 through a ModWright PH 150, a Mytek Brooklyn Bridge DAC, and a Jay's Audio CDT2-MK2. I listen to pretty much every kind of music (sometimes with volume cranked way beyond "piss off the wife" levels) and I can tell you the bass from the MC75s lacks for nothing to my ears. In fact, interestingly, I find it deeper and tighter than with the mono-blocked 275s. Along with the highs and mids, the bass from the 75s is highly musical and nuanced, and emerges from an incredibly quiet background in a manner that I can only describe as effortless. I find the bass from the two 275s, while excellent, to be a bit less organic - it seems to have to "try" a little harder.

Now, it occurs to me that what I have not done is an A/B comparison between the two 75s and a single 275 - I wonder if that exercise would bring me full circle to the conclusion that one 275 is better than two (not an uncommon view among us!)

Fun discussion...