Thread: Coltrane 3
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 05:39 PM

@pweg, when you get a chance, can you talk about the differences in sound between the Coltrane 3 and the Coltrane Tenor's you had before?

I am thinking of these two particular speakers and you are probably the perfect person to talk about them! The Coltrane 3 would be too big for my room, so I am heavily leaning towards either the Coltrane Tenor or the new Martin Mingus Quintet.

The Coltrane 3 and Mingus Quintet are using ALL Accuton Cell Concept drivers and First Order Crossovers. The Tenor uses a second order crossover. I currently own Bird 2 which also use the same second order crossover.

Your thoughts would be extremely valuable as a user

AND CONGRATS! I absolute love Marten speakers and simply have not heard better for my listening tastes and sensibilities. Cheers!
Analog: Ear Discmaster, Redpoint Model D, VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Townshend Rock 7, EAR 324, VDH Grasshopper III GLA, Dynavector XV-1T, Dynavector XV-1S, Jorma Prime/Origo, Jan Allaerts, Einstein Turntables Choice, Digital: EAR Acute IV / Dac IV Preamp: EAR 912, Ray Samuels B-52 Amplifiers: EAR 890 Monoblocks, Concert Fidelity ZL-120V2SE, Almarro 318B Accessories: Stillpoints ESS Rack, Sistrum, KS Emotion Cables Speakers: Marten Coltrane Tenor