View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 12:19 AM

I installed one Orange fuse yesterday on my amplifier (the main at the back) to replace a Blue one.. Damn, what this thing does to the overall music is quite unbelievable. There is quite a boost in details and definition, music is more lively and real. The noise floor has decreased with blacker background and the soundstage expanded. It's comparable to a power cord upgrade in my system. I always felt that the Blue was really good but the Orange is pushing even further.

For example, when listening to Enya "And Winter Came" album, the voices and breathing always sounded a bit like "sssshhhhh", now it's clearly defined and more belieavable. Acoustic guitars sound more real where you can hear the fingers of the artist scraping and pinching the cords. There is an overall added clarity but no brightness. I am still evaluating this and I know the fuse needs more break in time so it's going to get even better.

I have 5 fuses in the audio path of my amplifier (Yamaha CA-1000). On main, and two on each of the two amplification boards. Right now, all other fours are Blue. I wonder if by changing the other ones for the Orange will be two much. I am sensible to extra clarity as I have tinitus and a limit of 7Khz on my left ear. Sometimes to much of a good thing is no good either. Since they have a 30 money back guarantee I will most likely try them. Plus, it's 3 for the price of 2 so why not.