View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
About to finish ‘Fauda’ on Netflix. The 4 seasons of catch up has taken some time. It has kept me interested and on the edge of my seat through every season.

I take it as a (often times) dramatization of both sides of the Israeli / Palestinian life together. I don’t want to get into politics / history. It might not be to everyone’s taste.

“Fauda (Hebrew: פאודה‎, from Arabic: فوضى‎ fawḍā, meaning "chaos") is an Israeli television series developed by Lior Raz and Avi Issacharoff drawing on their experiences in the Israel Defense Forces. The series premiered on February 15, 2015. It tells the story of Doron, a commander in the Mista'arvim unit and his team as they pursue a Hamas arch-terrorist known as "The Panther."”

Edit - and many more Hamas / ISIS ‘terroists’.

It started as a very low budget show that has got a bit better through the years, I watched all seasons and have enjoyed it very much. As a Jew with half of my family living in Israel since 1964, I like the fact that they show that many Jews can speak Arabic perfectly, some just because their parents and grandparents were born in the now Arab countries, that were used to live together with no problems at all, I just wish it could be the same again one day.