View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Thank you. I'm not a man that really believe in miracles, but my wife have had an unusual recovery.

I'm so sorry about what you are going through. It makes me sad. I hope for the best for both of you in this difficult times.

Since I write a little about my wife..
Around 15 years ago when me and my wife were 32 with 2 small kids 2 and 4 years old, a new house witch we renovated, I just started my business and it was a lot of things going on. Maybe to much. On top of that she got breast cancer. It was a hard time. I looked a bit tired on pictures from that time.
She had a lot of different and difficult therapies and medications and 5 years later she got the cancer back. They gave her 3 years to live with that kind of diagnosis. New treatments and so on. This second time was even harder and it was hard to plan for the future. We had many long term plans for the future together.
She gets some side effects from the treatments, but she is mentally and physically strong and cope with the treatment very well. We decided to try to live as normal as it was possible. But it never leaves my mind. It's lika a new mental ground that never can be ignored ore displaced. It's a new way of living and a new way of dealing with life. 3 years later the metastases have shrank and no new metastases is found. Very unusual. We gain som hope. The senior physician has just experienced one patient like my wife and she lived 10 years. My wife passed 10 years survival some years ago.
She is in constant medication and examinations and it makes her body hurts, but there are no new metastases and they are not getting bigger!!! The physicians says that it's a more chronic state.
My wife works as a dentist as much her body endure. It's about 50%.
She is a winner and does everything in her control to beat this. Some things are not possible to control, but the things she can do and control to beat this cancer, she is doing 100%. I think at least some part of here status today is due to that. Exercise, rest, thinking about what to eat and having fun. Trying to have a healthy life stile without overdo it.

Now, this is our life. The only life we got. I never get rid of the tension of it all but I can cope with it. We start to think that we can grow old together.
All this have made me humble about life. At least it's a different kind of humble before and after this shit.
I take nothing for granted. I don't try to plan to many years ahead. We do things together that we want to do and we don't wait for it. Of course in a balanced way I think.

So right now we are good and we are enjoying the present. Right now it's a cup of Espresso and Art Taylor - A.T's Delight through The Sonus faber. Autumn sunlight through the windows, colorful trees and clear crispy air.

/Carl
Carl, I identify with you in so many ways.

Best

Charles