View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 02:49 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogear View Post
Huge Congrats, JDCheek! Looking forward to hear your experience.
Me, too. I always liked the "industrial design" of Rose products. It's also gratifying that we presently have an "embarassment of riches" with this new class of truly excellent streamers, streamer/DACs, and streamer/integrateds products from Rose, Aurender, Lumin, etc., that create new value propositions for meeting customer's needs as the "streaming" market continue to evolve.

As an example, my Lumin P1, which is a streamer, DAC, and preamplifer, is so good that I sold my stand-alone LampiZator Baltic 3 DAC, and my First Sound Presence Deluxe preamplifier is at a buddy's house for him to decide if he wants to buy it. I also sold my SOtM SMS-200UltraNeo network bridge to a really nice guy on SBAF. Putting the P1 in my system was one of the BEST things I've ever done for the system, both with respect to functionality, (configuration) flexibility, and features, but most importantly, overall audio quality, as well. The Aurender products are also excellent, I reviewed the N20 for TAS, and I was very impressed with it (apologies for the digression).

Another market entry that has been getting a lot of reviews and visibility is Eversolo, with some really nicely designed and engineered products at very good prices.

Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 03-12-2024 at 03:04 PM.