View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvdiman View Post
Agree on 711, having owned 710 for a while, acknowledged that it is quite an improvement over its predecessor. Prefer it even to old mono 700s for its sheer musicality and refinement ~ Not heard the 701s yet. My vote from what I've heard with Magicos would be : 1- FM Acoustics 115 + 266 (Q3, Q7) 2- CH Precision M1 + C1 + PS (Q5) 3- Soulution 711 + 720 (Q7) (*in order of preference) Yes, heard few years back with VAC 300 as well older Renaissance + pre, which are also superb matching for those looking for tube partnering (M6).
Agree on the Soulution 711. Have direct, long term experience listening to the 711 and the stereo Dartzeel with the Magico M5s in my listening room. A sublime experience in both cases.

Also had an opportunity to hear the Magico S3 with the Absolare tube monos for several hours at a dealer's shop - a truly magical combo (pun intended).

I expect to be able to listen to the 711, Dartzeel stereo, CH Precision A1 monos and the Absolare monos with the Magico Q7s in my listening room by sometime in October. Will report back then.

And Jeff Fritz (Soundstage Ultra) declared the Gryphon Mephisto as the perfect match for the Magico Q7s.

I haven't personally heard Magicos paired with tube amps other than the S3 with the Absolares, but Myles Astor and Robert Hartley reported very positive results with the Conrad Johnson ART monos with the S5s, and the Absolare monos with the Q7, respectively.

Has anyone else heard tube amps that have made Magicos sing?