View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
Audioguy,
With tube phono into tube line stage the tube rush is not too bad? When I was looking for a phono pre to use with my C2300 I could not find anything under $3500 that bettered my 2300 - I will now try to find s dealer that will loan me one to try (yeah, good luck with that). What AQ cables were you using prior to the MIT?
No, tube rush has never been a problem....both units are extremely quiet....now of course if I turn the volume up to insane levels that I would never listen to you can hear tube hiss, but it's quiet as can be at normal and even louder volumes. I was using Audioquest King Cobras before the MIT Cables.....they just had a harsher edge to them that I couldn't seem to get rid of. As soon as the MITs went in, it sounded much smoother (granted the AQ cables weren't nearly as expensive as the MITs.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3