View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 10:05 AM

Big changes today for my primary system! The 760A amplifier that I ordered last month from my Simaudio dealer is (hopefully) scheduled to arrive at the shop this afternoon. They'd told me over the phone yesterday that it had shipped last week and might possibly arrive that day, so I packed up my trusty ol' MAC6700 (which I offered up as trade toward the 760A) and hauled it up to the dealer since I was running errands in the area anyway... it didn't arrive in the UPS shipment but I went ahead and completed the purchase and trade transaction anyway since I was not at all interested in lugging the 6700 back inside my house overnight and then back out to the car next day. So, now I'm all paid up and just waiting for the call that my new amp has arrived!

And then, by sheer luck, I had happened upon a used 740P preamp on USAM over the weekend for a *very* attractive price. I ended up purchasing that unit (and sold my C2600 to cover that cost entirely), and it's scheduled to arrive at my doorstep today. As long as there aren't surprise shipping delays, then I will have made the leap from my modest McIntosh integrated to a lovely 740P/760A Moon Evolution pair in 24 hours!

Only problem is, since I dropped off the 6700 yesterday, I have no music to listen to today while I work! It's so quiet....