View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthomas View Post
well i added some asc smart traps from jeff at a/v solutions.
I order six 13" x 3'. I put two in each corner, one to the side of each speaker and moved the real traps behind the speakers.

I had originally two mondo real traps in the corner and two asc art panels on the side wall for a couple of years. Never really noticed a difference in sound. But after adding these tubes there was a dramatic difference in the sounds lower end was less muddy and crisper also the upper end tighten up and was more focused. It was like i installed new speakers. Not that the asc was better than the tube traps but actually the presence of more acoustic really made things apparent. Now i'm contemplating ordering four 16" tube traps for the corners and moving the 13" behind the speakers. The diffusion on half of this tubes is real bonus.

" acoustic sciences corporation (asc) smarttrap reviewed
a real classey looking system you have!
Ed
2 Channel - Esoteric KO3, VPI Classic, C2300, MS300, MEN220, Bryston 7b SST, B&W 802D, JL F113 (2), MDA 1000, Olive 4HD, Sonos w/Remedy, WW Silver Eclipse ICs , Stillpoints Ultra mini, MR85 tuner, Aurender A10 server

Headphone listening
- Audeze LCD3 with Moon Audio Black Dragon Balanced cables, Sennheiser HD650, WW silver Eclipse Nano cable, Bryston BHA-1 amp

HT -
MX135, OPPO 103D, B&W CDM7, B&W center, Sony 65" LCD