View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 PM

Thanks Mike
I do have a local importer who imports cars from Los Angeles.I have been using him to import heavy machine parts and will see him regards the Tubes.Given your experience in setting up different size rooms what would you suggest for me to do my room .My main aim is to get a better sound stage .From what I have read the more Tubes the better.With this info I was considering doing it in 2-3 stages.Although the ceilings are 9foot ,to fit under the widow curtain rail I was going to use tubes 7foot high.
In my mud map I put 7foot 24inch Tubes in the back corners -7 foot 13inch tubes at the first reflection point (light switch corner end of window) 7 foot 13inch tubes at second reflection point (next to front door)
As mentioned before I will blank off the big window with insulation and wood panels,corner turntable rack can be removed and also plan to build a 7foot tall 10 inch wide cabinet opposite side of the window light switch to balance the step out in the wall.
While writing this your last post just popped up.Your advice regards Planar speakers would be more suitable to my type of room makes a lot of sense and thanks for your honest input.Not being familiar which these speakers gives me a bit more reading to do.Cheers
Eamonn