View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 07:01 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscotth View Post
I had the ARC REF2se and the REF3. The Dag phono pre is so much more dynamic and quieter. I have a bunch of Dag gear and I think the phono pre is the “sleeper” in the bunch. It’s truly a special phono pre. Audition in your system.
Thanks for the info.....what were some of the other differences you heard in the sound? Did you have both Phono preamps on hand so you were able to compare for a period of time? I read the review that Fremer wrote and am curious if your experience matches up with what he reported. A home audition would be great but I’m not sure my dealer has ever had the Phono pre on display at his store. If he did I could get a loaner for a weekend.....I’ll have to ask next time I’m in there.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3