View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 12:01 AM

Default ASC Cinema/Tri-Panels

I just completed installing the Tri-Panels on my ceiling. They are each 1'x4'x2" and weigh about 2lbs. each. I decided to use magnets with recessed holes for a #6 screw and then liquid nail 2 x 2" round washers on the back of the panels. The magnets easily found the ceiling joists and the only challenge was measuring which, if done correctly, makes the final installation a piece of cake. One of the pics is the beginning of laying out the magnets and one of them is looking from the speaker to the listening position.
Do they work? ABSOLUTELY!!!! Many of us may never think that what is reaching our ears is contaminated with reflected sounds from the ceiling. The difference in what I am hearing has made me a true believer. Between the recent addition of the Tube Traps (which you can see in the pic) and the Cinema panels, my system has moved up a few levels. The soundstage, specific locations of instruments and smooth purity of vocals is more than I could have hoped for. ASC, Mike and Chris, are terrific and a wealth of information.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (97.0 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (78.5 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg 016.jpg (86.7 KB, 451 views)
File Type: jpg 022.jpg (90.8 KB, 233 views)