View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 02:52 PM
Semi-audiophile

Something to keep an eye on . . .

For the second time this month my Furman IT-Reference 15i shut off with no warning. Apparently the power cord sagged enough at the IT-Ref's output to disconnect it. The It Ref is connected to a Furman SPR-20i via one of the SPR's power amp inlets. This configuration has been stable since I got the IT Ref in January of last year. The power cord in question is a Shunyata Venom V10 NR. This one came with a yellow collar designed to enhance the grip. I removed that and the connection seemed a bit more stable when I plugged the V10 back in just now. But we'll see.

I'll also have to be careful when prowling around behind the system that I don't disturb any power cords, especially the stiffer ones such as my Transparent Premiums; I might cause something to come loose.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks