View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesailor View Post
The Levinson 43X series amps were all based on the Proceed HPA 2/3/5 series amps. When Madrigal shut down the Proceed HT division the HPA series of amps all underwent very minor revisions and became the Levinson 43X series. These amps had very tight operating tolerances and generally require servicing from a knowledgeable tech on a somewhat regular basis. They are excellent amps and are very dynamic.

I am curious (if you know) how the Proceed BPA 2 fits into that. From what I have found, which is next to nothing, it is basically the same as an HPA 2 with about 1/2 the power (125 wpc).

I sold my ML 331 and bought the BPA-2, they do sound very similar. I also read the BPA-2 is Class A for the 1st few watts, which is more than I ask of it in it's current system. I usually listen at around 60 to 70 dB, which is probably closer to 0.1 watt.

The ML had a very slight hum, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to afford to repair it if it ever had a serious problem.

I bought the ML for $1,800 sold it for $2,300 and bought the Proceed for $700. So that worked out well, and I don't have to worry about having so much (to me) tied up in the one piece.

I do miss how cool the ML looked though...

Last edited by brad1138; 07-24-2019 at 11:17 AM.