View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 10:56 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick15 View Post
I know that it has been a long time since you set up speakers, but you have the most experience here, so I hope you can answer this for me:

The first step says "1 - Position the speakers in an equilateral triangle against the wall."

As a result of the shape of my room, the farthest I can have my speakers apart from each other about 6 feet. I think the first step means that if the speakers are 6 feet apart than the distance from my listening spot to each speaker should start out at something between 5 and 6 feet from each speaker (it is less than 6 feet because the speakers are supposed to form the triangle 18" behind the listening position).

I then move the speakers into the room using the Sumiko technique. As the notes mention to avoid the dead zone, this will have the speakers likely moved out close to 2 feet into the room. At this point, the speakers are going to end up between 3 to 4 feet from my listening position to each speaker. That seems extremely close. Too close, I would think.

Am I misunderstanding what the meaning of "1 - Position the speakers in an equilateral triangle against the wall."?

Or is that close of a distance what you would expect?

Thanks.
Ok so I didn't say I hadn't set up speakers in 7 years. I do that quite often. I just haven't use MASTERS.

You just need to be near an equilateral triangle tweeter to tweeter to your head to start. You will fine tune in step 3.

dead zone is based on the room and how your speakers interact with it. What speakers o you have.