View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Semi-audiophile

I actually sat down and watched something start to finish, no small feat these days. I have several discs of various kinds bought previously but never watched.

A couple of evenings ago I watched Bluebird, a film about the famous Bluebird Cafe in Nashville and clocking in at 83 minutes. Although from Nashville and knowing of the place, I've never been there. The movie was interesting, and I came away with a greater appreciation for the craft of songwriting. I would recommend the film to any who are interested. Nice to see Taylor Swift perform something other than the pop stuff she does these days.

I was watching and listening. The sound was nice, the performances real, and I even knew a few of the songwriters interviewed by name. To hear them talk about the Bluebird and its place in music history brought home how special a place it is for singer-songwriters, and the music is the whole point of the place. People like Taylor Swift, Garth Brooks, Faith Hill, and so many others got their start there.

It gets better. Tuesday I listened to two whole CDs (breakthrough!), When You Listen by the Lynn Arriale Trio and Hot Rocks by the Rolling Stones. I even snuck in "Poem 58" off Chicago Transit Authority. It was background music while cooking, to be frank, but the system was on. Maybe some mojo is returning.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 03-21-2021 at 05:47 AM.