View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 01:17 PM
Retired

Got to Capital Audiofest yesterday morning with a 1971 (I purchased new at that time) copy of Joe Cocker's "Mad Dogs & Englishmen". It started life being played on my miniature Zenith turntable and was in pretty sad condition. After the 3X 5-minutes treatments it is, again, listenable with the noise well below music (even Kirmuss can't fix scratches). We did have to listen to Charles sales pitch during the 30 minute it took to have him do the 2-LPs, but he seems to be a good-hearted soul so no big deal. My friend & I ordered a new unit to share and got the <$1000 "show price". Think it will be a useful tool.

When we walked up to the booth Kirmuss, whose name-tag reads "Dr..........." was telling someone he quit college after one semester as he knew more than the professors, yada, yada............. I wanted to ask how he got his doctorate, but was more interested in my LP cleaning test, which the question might have negated.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kirmuss.jpg (61.2 KB, 45 views)
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag