View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 06:01 AM

Ok, let me share with my humble experience of using PMC speakers.

I've been owning my PMC Twenty 22 since the beginning of 2013.
Using them with the Exposure 3010S2 preamp and Exposure 3010S2 stereo power amp.
Well, I think I'll keep these speakers for a long time. They pretty well co-operate with my Exposure amplification and I do not feel anything to be changed in this tandem.
On the other hand, my setup is still being built - I am going to upgrade my cheap "childish" audio-gd NFB-11.32 DAC to a more serious DAC like Wadia 121 or something, which I believe will discover more of capabilities of the PMC.
Also, I am going to upgrade speaker cables which now are VDH CS 122 Hybrid.
From my experience with PMC + Exposure, I noticed that power cables make significant contribution to the sound. The PMC are capable to play in a quick and alive manner providing distinctive nuances of fast passages of base or drums. Correct power cables for the amplification make a big deal to reveal this strong property of the PMC.
At this point I have come to a conclusion that the optimal (price/quality) power cable set for "PMC + Exposure" is the following:
Exposure 3010S2 (stereoamp): Oyaide Tunami (or Oyaide EE/F-S 2.6) with Oyaide P079/C079 connectors
Exposure 3010S2 (preamp) Nanotec Systems GS 302 nano3 (or Oyaide EE/F-S 2.0) with Furutech FI-E35 Gold/FI-25 Gold connectors.

I've not chosen speaker cables for the PMC but I believe it will be Oyaide Tunami Nigo or some of VDH upper series cables.