View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
I have an 8802A and it's been a reliable addition to my system.

You would want to make sure you're getting the "A" version with HDCP 2.2 and hdmi 2.0 as that should be compatible with the gear you listed. Double check the hdmi spec of your Sony TV and projector to make sure they aren't hdmi 2.1 spec.

Frankly, I don't use any video upscaling features of the 8802A because I don't see the point. Your monitor will upscale the incoming signal as necessary anyway. I also like to connect my hi def video sources directly to my tv.

It falls short of 8K video capability and the latest HDCP 2.3 specs but I don't have a need for either. From what I gather, HDCP isn't important at this point because it requires all connected equipment to be the same spec and I'm not aware of its use yet. Maybe it's being implemented in 8K monitors? In any case you probably wouldn't be looking at the 8802A if you had an 8K display.

I'm still very happy with my 8802A.
Christian, thank you for the info about the 8802a. First is yes, I confirmed and it is the 8802a, and to be precise, my Sony TV is the master class series 77” model A9G which is 4K 120hz and it has one 2.1 HDMI port and three 2.0 HDMI and one eArc port and the Oppo I have is the old BDP 95 which I’m only using it for CD/SACD listening and for the 4K DVD player, I have the cheap Sony 700 it I will soon change that to either the Reavon UBR X200 or the Panasonic DP-UB9000. So none of my equipment are 8k so I hoping and which I think it will, the 8802a should work just fine. I forgot to mention I’m also using the analog multichannel from the Oppo and to the processor that the 8802a has the 7.1 channel input so it should work perfect I hope.