View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 09:55 AM

I have an 8802A and it's been a reliable addition to my system.

You would want to make sure you're getting the "A" version with HDCP 2.2 and hdmi 2.0 as that should be compatible with the gear you listed. Double check the hdmi spec of your Sony TV and projector to make sure they aren't hdmi 2.1 spec.

Frankly, I don't use any video upscaling features of the 8802A because I don't see the point. Your monitor will upscale the incoming signal as necessary anyway. I also like to connect my hi def video sources directly to my tv.

It falls short of 8K video capability and the latest HDCP 2.3 specs but I don't have a need for either. From what I gather, HDCP isn't important at this point because it requires all connected equipment to be the same spec and I'm not aware of its use yet. Maybe it's being implemented in 8K monitors? In any case you probably wouldn't be looking at the 8802A if you had an 8K display.

I'm still very happy with my 8802A.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables