Thread: Magico M9
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 06:09 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
M9 is a direct WAMM competitor. I don't think the Q-subs would work too well because at what frequency would you roll off those actively powered massive 15" subwoofers? I don't think it feasible to assemble this speaker after it left the factory.

None of this is a particular problem. M9 is as much a competitor to a speaker like the Tidal la assoluta or the Burmester BC350 as to the WAMM. Both are not compatible with subs.

Look at the M9 base. This is a beautiful speaker. It's a little idiosyncratic with the binding posts but the weight is not unreasonable nor is the price for what you get: the complete package in a relatively small footprint (no external subs).

Looks like he's leaving room for an M8 at some point.
I agree Charles. One probably wouldn’t even need Q Sub. And the mid range looks like a killer here. After reading the write up the whole speaker looks amazing.

Though no one has heard it yet, I’m sure it sounds very good. And I agree that Magico desires to go after the WAMM. Wilson makes some terrific speakers, so I’m not sure how far they got in that dream. I’m sure someone will listen to it and compare the two and one will excel in one area and the other elsewhere ...

I’m interested the in trickle down technology.. Will there be Q7 MK 2, M3 MK 2, or a M8 or M7 like you said. These speakers while still expensive would be a little more reasonable.

BTW, I’ve been listening to a Alexia Series 2 system (a friend’s and we’re going back soon) and studying the Alexx as well. Hopefully I’ll get to listen to the Alexx after COVID .... Still no telling what direction I will go with my upgrade - M3 or Wilson? I like them all.

Stay safe.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.