View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post
Thanks for sharing some interesting tips but no need to do either. Bryston is already working on a new interface, which this thread was supposed to be about.
I had a phone call with Bryston on my issue with them on my singular gripe. They did confirm it was a software programming over site on their part and could/should be fixed in the next firm update. They are committed to update their app to the next level. When I mention iPeng to them they knew about the competition they are up against!!! I understand Bryston are focus on ROON support. But before the call ended I pressed upon them not forget support for non-ROON users. Bryston support Squeeze Server out the box and please continue. I hope the new interface give at least the same of level functionality of iPeng without faux device access restriction.

I have a major concern about the ROON eco system it has the feel of DRM!! Napster access with a sweet caveat of ROON collecting a monthly FEE! I feel we must PRESS all hardware manufacture provide the same level system access whether you are a ROON user or not!!!

Ken,
Sonus Faber Cremona, (2) JL Audio F110 subs, Squeeze Server v7.9 Windows 2012 Server 25TB, Audio Metallurgy GA-0 XLR & RCA, Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable, PS Audio Power Plant Premier (2), WireWorld Silver Power Cables, Tascam DA3000