View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post
The BDP is not just a playback device. It is also a network file server and I have mine configured as such with an internal HDD. There’s nothing inferior about playing files from another network drive either. You’re clinging to revelations made 10 years ago when people were still transitioning from physical media and did not understand anything but the simplest use cases like the USB stick into the front panel. They also did not always use bit perfect protocols for network playback. If there was a deficiency with network playback it would be well known and the Bryston would not be able to hold Class A status in today’s market of NETWORK enabled streamers.

Regardless of that the interface is inconvenient for any large library of files whether they are on the network or a local drive. Also many people do not have large collections of files and rely on a streaming service, or a combination thereof.
I have read other reviews indicating the local USB drives on the BDP-3 provides the best sonic experience, and I will post them when I find them.

Also, Chris from Bryston, sent me what is called a "harness" to fix the two front USB inputs, but I don't know how to put it on as there was no instruction. Are you familiar with this "harness?"