View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 10:25 PM

Default New interface for 3.14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
AVfile, I may have misunderstood parts of this but check out the below review and you will see what I mean about USB drives. I now have four 512 gb USB drives and nothing is slow about accessing music. All my USBs are used in the rear. I have two front ones but they cannot be used for whatever reason. Have you ever had this issue? My front USBs have never worked.

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/rev...-media-player/

Interesting but difficult to know if the differences they heard were due to the Roon engine or different hardware interfaces at play (Ethernet vs. USB). The internal SATA connection should have been considered too. Files can also be accessed over the network and played back via MM like local files but you need to have the right protocols enabled. I have used all three interfaces but always with the BDP in the default MPD mode, not Roon endpoint mode. So many variables... but when I migrated everything to the internal drive and the BDP finished indexing the music, most of my frustrations were gone.

Open your BDP and confirm that the front USB header cable is firmly connected to the motherboard. They may have forgotten to plug it in during assembly. The same thing happened when I sent my Cambridge Audio streamer in for repair. I just plugged it in myself instead of sending it back.

Last edited by AVfile; 03-10-2021 at 11:00 PM.