View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 05:55 PM

Default New interface for 3.14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
I cannot understand this issue as I don't have my music on a server/network, but rather, I have my music on the USB drives. That is the best sound for the BDP-3. It has already been demonstrated that the sound from the USB drives are better than the network so I'll stick to the USB drives knowing I am listening to the sound as best as it can be presented. I don't see why one should settle for less. Regardless, the issues with Manic Moose using network would go into the nothing is perfect category. I'd take the MM interface as is as long as the sound is not compromised.

The BDP is not just a playback device. It is also a network file server and I have mine configured as such with an internal HDD. There’s nothing inferior about playing files from another network drive either. You’re clinging to revelations made 10 years ago when people were still transitioning from physical media and did not understand anything but the simplest use cases like the USB stick into the front panel. They also did not always use bit perfect protocols for network playback. If there was a deficiency with network playback it would be well known and the Bryston would not be able to hold Class A status in today’s market of NETWORK enabled streamers.

Regardless of that the interface is inconvenient for any large library of files whether they are on the network or a local drive. Also many people do not have large collections of files and rely on a streaming service, or a combination thereof.