View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Vermonter View Post
I had a platform custom made of hard rock maple by an Amish company in Ohio. Finished it with tung oil and a coat of poly last night ... My last upgrade for the foreseeable future arrives today, a pair of Shunyata Omega AES for the DAC to Upsampler connection ...
Sweet! The Amish do some lovely wordworking and I've found they are very nice people, too.

Just out of curiosity, when you refer to your audio "forseeable future," just how far into your audio future can you see? I'd like to believe that I can see at least a year into that future, but I'd only be fooling myself.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.