View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
No, I haven't heard these, but sure I wish I had! I'll bet they sound absolutely amazing.

I haven't read any reviews of the ART300s, but I've read a couple reviews of the GAT S2. If I recall, there is one on Tone Audio's site, and HiFi+ had a review by Alan Sircom. Just do a search, I read both online without subscriptions.

Thanks Puma Cat, I’ll check those articles out.

I’m currently considering returning to tubed electronics. About two years ago I sold my GAT S1 and ART monos. I had fallen in love with the Raidho D3.0 Ver. 2 speakers but, unfortunately, the ART monos didn’t pair well with them. The result was that I eventually moved from the CJs to the Aavik U300 solid state integrated which drove them far more authoritatively.

Since then, I upgraded to the more efficient Raidho D3.1 and, also, came to realize that, while I enjoyed many aspects of my system, I missed the warmth and musicality of my prior CJ tubes. I am now looking for alternatives to the Aavik, preferably tubed, that would pair well with the D3.1s. Under current consideration are the VAC i170 integrated or the VAC Renaissance Mk V preamp paired with the VAC Sigma 200 stereo amp.

I’ve also added CJ’s GAT S2 and CJ’s new ART stereo amp to my list of candidates. I also would like to consider pairing the GAT S2 with a stout, but musical, solid state amp as another option. In that regard, I’ve heard good things about Accuphase and Pass, but possess little current knowledge of good solid state power amplifier alternatives.

the rest of the system consists of an Esoteric K-01X with a G-02X clock for CD (both from GregofNH1) and a VPI Aries/Triplanar Mk VII SE/Lyra Skala for vinyl. Cables and power products are from Ansuz.
I’d appreciate any insights or relevant information you would be willing to offer.

Thanks, Mike