AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   CD Players, Digital Music & Servers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   LUMIN App issues (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50482)

njcardave 11-03-2021 08:08 PM

LUMIN App issues

I have a Lumin U1 and have been having issues with the Lumin app. The songs were taking about 20 seconds to go from a selected song to the next song. I contacted Pixel Magic and they gave me some help changing the IP address. Now I’m having an issue with the U1 shaking hands with my Bryston BDA3 DAC. I have two friends who are having the same issue with their Lumin streamers. It’s a fantastic sounding streamer when everything is working. PIXEL MAGIC needs to get their software updated.

rnrmf1971 11-03-2021 11:35 PM

Are you streaming from a service or from files on a hard drive?

Have you ruled out that it isn't the device you run the app on?

tdelahanty 11-04-2021 04:11 AM

I stream from a NAS drive (using a hard-wired ethernet connection) and the U1 operates flawlessly. At times I experienced delays when using an older, slower I-pad or when there was too much art work on the screen.

I use two DAC's, K01x and 5206 pre-amp without issue. I've seen problems with one Bryston DAC (traded in at my dealer). After an update to the DAC operation improved.

njcardave 11-04-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdelahanty (Post 1048106)
I stream from a NAS drive (using a hard-wired ethernet connection) and the U1 operates flawlessly. At times I experienced delays when using an older, slower I-pad or when there was too much art work on the screen.

I use two DAC's, K01x and 5206 pre-amp without issue. I've seen problems with one Bryston DAC (traded in at my dealer). After an update to the DAC operation improved.

Thank you for your suggestions. I am using an older iPad will try on my newer iPad. What do you mean by too much artwork on the screen ?

tdelahanty 11-05-2021 09:13 AM

I like looking at the album covers. The play que is on the left side of the screen and to the right column of four album cover pictures. Especially with my older I-pad anything more than column of four runs very slow clunky.

FRO 11-05-2021 05:36 PM

Off topic -
What LUMEN model is best, without the need of a DA or streamer included?

audio bill 11-06-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRO (Post 1048192)
Off topic -
What LUMEN model is best, without the need of a DA or streamer included?

The Lumin U1 is their best network transport with no internal DAC, digital outs only. It is still a streamer as all Lumin products are.

njcardave 11-16-2021 08:57 PM

Lumin has new firmware update. I updated my Lumin U1 and noticed that it fixed the issue with song selection time. Now when I go from song to song the quiet space from selection time is much quicker. Thank you Pixel Magic

JMD 11-16-2021 11:29 PM

A lot of times the Lumin updates are to fix issues caused by Apple IOS updates. I'm pretty sure the update from IOS 14 to 15 probably caused some unplanned for issues.