AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Need help to copy files to my BDP-2 internal SSD.. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46121)

Parabellum 06-25-2019 10:48 PM

Need help to copy files to my BDP-2 internal SSD..

1 Attachment(s)
Hey,

I recently installed a 1tb SSD drive inside my BDP-2 and for whatever reasons I cannot access the folder where you need to drop the files. The other folders, I can access no problem. I can even access the USB thumb drive that is currently plugged in the front ports over the network. I contacted Chris a few times but the problem is still there. It seems it's related to Win10 admin authorizations or something like that. I have no clue how to fix the problem. I have attached a screenshot of my desktop (it's french but you get the picture).

Any help is appreciated.

Projectman 06-26-2019 07:54 PM

Have you tried to create a new folder on the drive with a Window explorer?

Masterlu 06-26-2019 08:46 PM

Sounds very much like a Permissions issue.

Parabellum 06-27-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Projectman (Post 970439)
Have you tried to create a new folder on the drive with a Window explorer?

I tried many times with no luck. I could edit all other folders except "my_music".

I had this problem since a while and was just using Roon to not have to deal with it. But tonight, after reading your post, I tried and it worked! Go figure... While I could add some files to the folder of the SSD, I could not see the "my_music" in the MPD. I unmonted, then mounted again the SSD and it worked. Not sure if it's the correct procedure but it worked.

Finally, I can break free from the PC and use my BDP-2 as a standalone player. As nice as Roon is, I have to deal with my PC since this is where Core is installed. Streaming WiFi to the router, then using a 50 ft lan cable to connect to the BDP-2 for sure was degrading the sound quality a bit. I know that using the internal SSD provides the best sound quality for the BDP as it bypasses any conversion. As I just finished copying my files, I will have to do some listening to discern the differences.

Thanks for your support!

Tecknik1 06-28-2019 09:18 PM

If I may Parabellum, you should seriously consider getting rid of the 50ft lan cable and switching to optical which is cheaper then a good lan cable and considerably better sounding.

Parabellum 06-28-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecknik1 (Post 970671)
If I may Parabellum, you should seriously consider getting rid of the 50ft lan cable and switching to optical which is cheaper then a good lan cable and considerably better sounding.

Yes, please. Actually, this is what I did today when I came back from work. Since I was able to transfer all my digital files onto the internal SSD HD of the BDP-2, I wanted to break free from the PC and I installed Rigelian to stream music straight from the BDP-2. As expected and hoped, sound quality improved considerably since the router and lan cable are no longer in the Hi Fi chain.

Here is how I was connecting everything before :

PC with Roon Core & Roon Remote with iPhone ---> AIFF files Streams WiFi to Netgear R7000 ---> 50 ft Cat6 network cable ---> Bryston BDP-2 ---> Curious USB cable ---> Bryston BDA-3

And this is how it is now:

Rigelian app with iPhone (R7000 router with 50 ft lan cable for control only) ---> Bryston BDP-2 (AIFF files on internal SSD) ---> Curious USB cable ---> Bryston BDA-3

Final step to this setup would be to install the Bryston WiFi dongle to cut the lan wire for good.

As a side note, not much is said about Rigelian but I find it to be a quite nice piece of software especially for Bryston BDPs. Very clean layout, easy to use à la Roon. Annual fee is a 4.49$ and a no brainer. I didn't tried mPod before and I know that Rigelian replaced it. With a BDP and Rigelian, I don't think I will subscribe next year to Roon as it does not allow the BDP to be a RoonCore. I prefer the idea to have all my digital files on the internal SSD, and backed up on another drive, to not compromise a hair in sound quality.

rrwwss52 07-03-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parabellum (Post 970682)
As a side note, not much is said about Rigelian but I find it to be a quite nice piece of software especially for Bryston BDPs. Very clean layout, easy to use à la Roon. Annual fee is a 4.49$ and a no brainer. I didn't tried mPod before and I know that Rigelian replaced it. With a BDP and Rigelian, I don't think I will subscribe next year to Roon as it does not allow the BDP to be a RoonCore. I prefer the idea to have all my digital files on the internal SSD, and backed up on another drive, to not compromise a hair in sound quality.

Thanks for the tip on Rigelian. I have two BDP-1s and I like to listen to MPD from time to time versus Roon. Downloaded the app and giving it the trial for a couple of month.

Parabellum 07-03-2019 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrwwss52 (Post 971399)
Thanks for the tip on Rigelian. I have two BDP-1s and I like to listen to MPD from time to time versus Roon. Downloaded the app and giving it the trial for a couple of month.

Glad it helped. I noticed that when I access the my.bryston.com webpage and that when I am using Rigelian at the same time, they are both completely in sync, like a mirror. But the webpage doesn’t need to be opened regardless.

Stefan_DR3 03-17-2020 01:51 AM

Need help to copy files to my BDP-2 internal SSD..

Hi guys,
I am having the same problem on my home network. The Windows 10 PC cannot access the drive the in BDP2. It can see the BDP on the network and access the built-in web based player/dashboard, where I can see that the device is mounted in the list of drives and the appropriate services are running.

My Windows 7 PC has no problem accessing and writing to the drive, and it’s on the same network as the Windows 10 PC. All Ethernet connections are wired to the same router.

My understanding is both versions of Windows should be able to see the internal drive as the BDP (Linux) exports it using Samba. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stefan

James Tanner - Bryston 03-17-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan_DR3 (Post 998750)
Hi guys,
I am having the same problem on my home network. The Windows 10 PC cannot access the drive the in BDP2. It can see the BDP on the network and access the built-in web based player/dashboard, where I can see that the device is mounted in the list of drives and the appropriate services are running.

My Windows 7 PC has no problem accessing and writing to the drive, and it’s on the same network as the Windows 10 PC. All Ethernet connections are wired to the same router.

My understanding is both versions of Windows should be able to see the internal drive as the BDP (Linux) exports it using Samba. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stefan

Hi Stefan - please email Mike on this - mpickett@bryston.com

james