AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   JBL Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Got one JBL L100 today at a yard sale. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=8702)

Eduardo Hydes 06-12-2011 12:52 AM

I got a JBL L100, not a pair just one and it has a few stains on the veneer; it's in decent condition. Seems to be the first generation model. It says it was made in Los Angeles. What would this be worth nowadays??

Vintage Pete 06-12-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eduardo Hdez (Post 172046)
I got a JBL L100, not a pair just one and it has a few stains on the veneer; it's in decent condition. Seems to be the first generation model. It says it was made in Los Angeles. What would this be worth nowadays??

That would depend on the actual condition....too bad it wasn't a pair. A photo might be helpful...

Pete

Eduardo Hydes 06-12-2011 02:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the front. Will take one of the top in a bit.

Eduardo Hydes 06-12-2011 02:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a better one I think.

Vintage Pete 06-12-2011 08:41 AM

Definitely the original version. :yes:

Pete

Sully 06-12-2011 05:02 PM

May be worth more in pieces, selling each of the drivers & crossover seperately, due to the cost of shipment. But you never know...
A pair in good condition brings an average of ~ $300

Vintage Pete 06-12-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 172203)
May be worth more in pieces, selling each of the drivers & crossover seperately, due to the cost of shipment. But you never know...
A pair in good condition brings an average of ~ $300

Yes, I was thinking cleaned up he might fetch about $150.

Pete

Eduardo Hydes 06-12-2011 10:45 PM

I think I will sell the parts separately, but how do u remove the tweeter or the crossover they don't have screws to take them out like the drivers do??

Vintage Pete 06-12-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eduardo Hdez (Post 172302)
I think I will sell the parts separately, but how do u remove the tweeter or the crossover they don't have screws to take them out like the drivers do??

I'm not sure how one removes the older style tweeter; but to remove the crossover, I believe you'll need to remove the foilcal that has the JBL logo and the holes for the network controls. You should find the screws that hold the dividing network in place under the foilcal. The foilcal is generally destroyed during removal; though you could try gradually warming it up with a hair dryer to soften up the adhesive holding it on. You would need to first remove the low frequency driver and once the screws are removed that hold in the network and the wires are disconnected from the network, you would then remove the network through the opening for the low frequency driver.

I always hate to see a JBL speaker parted out, though I understand the need sometimes. In this case, it may be difficult to find a buyer for just one L100, it may be easier to find buyers for the individual components.

I hope this is of some help....

Pete

Eduardo Hydes 06-13-2011 12:52 AM

I would have loved to keep these speakers but it is just one :( ..... Thank you for the helpful information.