AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Member System Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Retirement System V2 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48584)

JSCC 09-04-2020 07:00 PM

Retirement System V2

9 Attachment(s)
Its really a case of "never, say never again" .. and the current C-19 pandemic sort of enabled me to not only retire from working but also stay home and listen to music much more than before.
Its not a system to shout about but means a lot as for the first time, I made my own decision on the selection of gears and never once was influenced by anyone to do otherwise. Well, the magic did came .. and I really enjoyed this system in my small room (how I wish I can have one of Master Lu's rooms). :thumbsup:

George Prentice 09-04-2020 07:40 PM

Congratulations for retiring and the system. I upgraded my system about 5 years ago and then retired a couple years ago. So I was ready for the pandemic. I upgraded my headphone system since the pandemic allowing my library / fireplace to have great audio. It is great to have time to enjoy all the work and money invested in the pursuit. While I have 4,000 albums, streaming has opened up my library to be virtually infinite.

Yamaki 09-04-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSCC (Post 1013599)
Its really a case of "never, say never again" .. and the current C-19 pandemic sort of enabled me to not only retire from working but also stay home and listen to music much more than before.
Its not a system to shout about but means a lot as for the first time, I made my own decision on the selection of gears and never once was influenced by anyone to do otherwise. Well, the magic did came .. and I really enjoyed this system in my small room (how I wish I can have one of Master Lu's rooms). :thumbsup:

Looks great! Enjoy the music. :thumbsup:

PHC1 09-04-2020 08:24 PM

Whoa, very interesting system Jerry! I am sure the Air Tight amps with Avantgarde speakers are an incredible combo. :music: The SME new table looks interesting! :yes: Congratulations on your retirement and enjoy your new system for many years in great health! :thumbsup:

Jerome W 09-05-2020 12:18 AM

Congrats Jerry,

Stunning system !
A friend had the ATC3 and just bought the 5 and told me it is fabulous.

Charles 09-05-2020 12:26 AM

Congrats! Magnificent system. Truly beautiful. Wish I could hear it.

Best

Charles

80B 09-06-2020 01:19 AM

Jerry, that's a great way to enjoy your time! Congrats.

bart 09-06-2020 05:21 AM

Jerry, well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do you also stream?
I see a Roon Nucleus, so I suppose you do.

JSCC 09-06-2020 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 1013613)
Whoa, very interesting system Jerry! I am sure the Air Tight amps with Avantgarde speakers are an incredible combo. :music: The SME new table looks interesting! :yes: Congratulations on your retirement and enjoy your new system for many years in great health! :thumbsup:

Thanks Serge!

JSCC 09-06-2020 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1013729)
Jerry, well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do you also stream?
I see a Roon Nucleus, so I suppose you do.

Yes, Roon Nucleus+ using the Lux D-10x DAC! Musical!