AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hello from NoVA (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49388)

Robj 01-15-2021 06:21 PM

Hello from NoVA

Hello All-

Rob here from the D.C. suburbs of Northern Virginia. I've been living down in this area, for better or worse, since 1990. Originally from Allentown, PA and still have family in that area.

I have always been into music and started young with different stereo systems and records, then CD's etc. I made one attempt a while back at a nice higher-end 2-channel setup, but since it was in a home theater area I built, I lost out on that one :icon_thumbsdown: So finally making another run at a dedicated system in another smaller room.

My new Dennis Had Inspire KT88 SEP Fire Bottle just showed up today, tubes installed and letting the burn in begin with some Roon Radio. This place was an immensely helpful resource while doing all my research, so I figured I would become official and join! Look forward to interacting with everyone and learning more.

Masterlu 01-15-2021 08:12 PM

Rob... Welcome to AA! :wave:

:thankyouspin: For your Support!

Antonmb 01-16-2021 01:19 AM

Cheers Rob, welcome to AA!

jbaudio68 01-16-2021 12:40 PM

Welcome Rob! From another NoVA person (Arlington)!

Formerly YB-2 01-16-2021 01:07 PM

Welcome to AAf. Two new "SET people" in two days. You guys are taking over. ;)
Let us know what speakers you are finding 'SET friendly'. I have a pair of Zu's speakers inbound and am thinking they may be a good 300b/SET match.
Fan of the Washington DC area (notwithstanding the sad two weeks it is suffering thru at the moment) since being stationed not far from there 50+ years ago. Always enjoy the museums & monuments & Smithsonian. Usually have a meal at the Bistro Du Coin or Le Cafe Descartes.

Robj 01-16-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1029393)
Rob... Welcome to AA! :wave:

:thankyouspin: For your Support!

Well thank you, glad to be here! Looks like you have quite a great place with great, helpful people. And now I see the connection to Legend AV I will have to keep that in mind when I'm in need of more parts and toys....

Robj 01-16-2021 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbaudio68 (Post 1029442)
Welcome Rob! From another NoVA person (Arlington)!

Thanks! I am out in Sterling/Cascades...

Robj 01-16-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1029447)
Welcome to AAf. Two new "SET people" in two days. You guys are taking over. ;)
Let us know what speakers you are finding 'SET friendly'. I have a pair of Zu's speakers inbound and am thinking they may be a good 300b/SET match.
Fan of the Washington DC area (notwithstanding the sad two weeks it is suffering thru at the moment) since being stationed not far from there 50+ years ago. Always enjoy the museums & monuments & Smithsonian. Usually have a meal at the Bistro Du Coin or Le Cafe Descartes.

This is my first tango with SET so we will see how we get along. I am basically starting from scratch so everything is being cobbled together. Right now I have a set of Omega Super 3i Monitors but too early to tell. The amp/tubes are still burning in etc. so no real quality time yet.