AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Focal Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   1038beII in dark walnut...or Kanta or Sopra 2??? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41325)

Vince11281 12-04-2017 12:04 PM

As a Sopra owner I can say I’m very happy with them. I could eventually see my self switching to KEF’s Reference series one day. They are definitely worth a listen before you purchase.

JWJW 12-06-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince11281 (Post 883902)
As a Sopra owner I can say I’m very happy with them. I could eventually see my self switching to KEF’s Reference series one day. They are definitely worth a listen before you purchase.

I will for sure. Thx!

malba2366 12-09-2017 12:20 PM

I was at a Focal dealer yesterday and they just setup a pair of Kantas with a Naim Uniti unit (not sure if it was the star or nova). I must say it sounded amazing to me...better than the Sopras with C52/MC452 that they had setup as well. The Naim/Kanta setup wasn't even broken un as they had just set it up the night before.
The dealer had told me that the Kanta and the new Naim all in ones were designed to work very well together...and Im inclined to believe him. The system sounded so quick and engaging without having any of the excessive forwardness/brightness that some Naim and Focal systems I have heard in the past have.
Note that I am not into critical listening, and listening to audiophile tracks...with the classic rock and classical tracks I listened to the Naim/Kanta system just drew me in and made me want to listen more than the MC/Sopra system did. The price and simplicity is a lot better with that system as well. All in all I was very impressed...if this is the new house sound for Naim/Focal then they should do very well!

JWJW 12-09-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malba2366 (Post 884874)
I was at a Focal dealer yesterday and they just setup a pair of Kantas with a Naim Uniti unit (not sure if it was the star or nova). I must say it sounded amazing to me...better than the Sopras with C52/MC452 that they had setup as well. The Naim/Kanta setup wasn't even broken un as they had just set it up the night before.
The dealer had told me that the Kanta and the new Naim all in ones were designed to work very well together...and Im inclined to believe him. The system sounded so quick and engaging without having any of the excessive forwardness/brightness that some Naim and Focal systems I have heard in the past have.
Note that I am not into critical listening, and listening to audiophile tracks...with the classic rock and classical tracks I listened to the Naim/Kanta system just drew me in and made me want to listen more than the MC/Sopra system did. The price and simplicity is a lot better with that system as well. All in all I was very impressed...if this is the new house sound for Naim/Focal then they should do very well!

Cool!

Aussie2 02-15-2018 03:57 AM

I listened today to a pair of Kanta and thought they were ok Till!!!
A pair of Sopra 3 were bought into the room I swapped the speaker cables out on the Kanta
Into the sopra 3 No contest the sopra 3 in a completely different league just so much better.
I went to store thinking to get Kanta!
Ummm not now

mcpaf76 02-15-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie2 (Post 899586)
A pair of Sopra 3 were bought into the room I swapped the speaker cables out on the Kanta
Into the sopra 3 No contest the sopra 3 in a completely different league just so much better.
Ummm not now

Go for the Sopras you won't regret it!

joey_v 02-17-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie2 (Post 899586)
Ummm not now

What was better about it aside from the bass?

greekspec2 02-17-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWJW (Post 884942)
Cool!

I have a black pair of Sopra 3 I can let go for $13k

rottikid 02-17-2018 05:52 PM

Sopra No2’s went up by $1,000. They are now $14,999 List price. They are a great speaker.

godwinaj 02-17-2018 07:06 PM

I love my Aria but all this Sopra Kanta talk makes the upgrade monkey hungry.