AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Simaudio Moon (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Simaudio MOON Neo 260D Transport Arrived (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42138)

jdandy 02-08-2018 10:31 PM

Simaudio MOON Neo 260D Transport Arrived

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4721/...934337cf_b.jpg

The Simaudio MOON Neo 260D Transport arrived today. Thanks to US Customs it took an extra three days to arrive from Canada. The Neo 260D sat in Louisville, Kentucky for four days before the Customs agents managed to bless it for UPS delivery to me. It arrived well packed and supported for its International journey.

I had the rack space ready, so it only took about 10 minutes to get the Neo 260D transport unpacked, installed in the rack and wired up. I am powering it with a Wireworld Silver Eclipse power cable. Its coaxial output is connected to the Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC with a Wireworld Silver Starlight coaxial cable. It doesn't get much easier than that.

The MOON Neo 260D is a beauty, solidly built, and the transport operates smooth as silk, silently gliding in and out with precision. I have it set to continuously repeat the disc that is playing, although I will be playing plenty of CD's as the break-in progresses. The owner's manual states: "The performance of your Neo 260D will continue to improve during the first 400 hours of listening. This is the result of a break-in period required for the numerous high quality electronic parts used throughout the transport." That's just over 16 days of continuous 24/7 operation. Since the Yggdrasil DAC is continuously energized for life, it will pick up the additional 400 hours of the Neo 260D break-in along the way.

Once the Simaudio MOON Neo 260D Transport has completed its break-in I will write a review. For now, it is sounding very good, functions like a precise Swiss watch, and I already like it.

vintage_tube 02-08-2018 10:56 PM

Congrats Dan -- as always, looking forward to your review.

Best Sir,

Bob

tweet 02-08-2018 11:07 PM

Dan,
Congratulations on the new transport. It looks fantastic with your Yggdrasil. I like it. Looking forward to your review.

John Jordan 02-08-2018 11:07 PM

Dan-

Wow, you have really been making some changes to your system(s) over the past 14 months or so. Brands many of us were most likely barely familiar with have become "household" names and your candid evaluations shine bright in the fog of upgrading possibilities.

Here's to your Moon; may it reign gloriously beside your Schiit.

PHC1 02-08-2018 11:31 PM

Congrats Dan! I purchased a preowned 260D from a fellow AA member today. Gumby is now sold as well and I have a few options open to me but will probably follow the YggY path. :D

Mikeylee 02-09-2018 01:11 AM

I look forward to your review! I think it’s obvious I am quite a Simaudio fan.
:respect:

John49 02-09-2018 01:27 AM

I think that Simaudio should have added a dummy button on the right hand side to balance the front panel. [emoji41]

jdandy 02-09-2018 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John49 (Post 898213)
I think that Simaudio should have added a dummy button on the right hand side to balance the front panel. [emoji41]

John49.......And had Simaudio done that you would be posting, "WTF is that stupid dummy button for." :D

I think the transport controls are quite intuitive in the manner laid out.

jdandy 02-09-2018 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 898193)
Congrats Dan! I purchased a preowned 260D from a fellow AA member today. Gumby is now sold as well and I have a few options open to me but will probably follow the YggY path. :D

Serge.......I have almost six hours on the MOON Neo 260D transport now. That's not many but man oh man is it sounding good with the Yggdrasil. This is a serious combination for CD playback.

PHC1 02-09-2018 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 898216)
Serge.......I have almost six hours on the MOON Neo 260D transport now. That's not many but man oh man is it sounding good with the Yggdrasil. This is a serious combination for CD playback.

Glad to hear it Dan! I can't think of any other "financially responsible" choices than a good quality/reasonably priced transport such as Moon and YggY doing the decoding of spinning shiny discs and streaming to it. Everything else that comes to mind would cost multiples. :scratch2: