AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   mix and match (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=925)

f1 fan 05-22-2009 11:07 AM

mix and match

How many of you mix and match their interconnects and power cords to voice their system? Or do you prefer to keep eveything the same from the power cords, ic`s and speaker cables? Sometimes I find changing up the ic`s and power cords can be fun and gives a different sound one might be looking for but then it could sound better or worse.

Your thoughts?

Masterlu 05-22-2009 11:23 AM

Interesting thread, however my cables are consistent throughout. I believe it is vital for proper Synergy.

Still-One 05-22-2009 12:48 PM

I use Transparent for the interconnects and speakers, for me these are the most important and should be the same especially when a company uses network boxes. I tried several digital cables from Acoustic Zen, Kimber, and Tara Labs, but found the Analysis Plus to be the best. I also use Analysis Plus Power cords on most everything.

f1 fan 05-22-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 16257)
I use Transparent for the interconnects and speakers, for me these are the most important and should be the same especially when a company uses network boxes. I tried several digital cables from Acoustic Zen, Kimber, and Tara Labs, but found the Analysis Plus to be the best. I also use Analysis Plus Power cords on most everything.

Stillone,

Are your Transparent interconnects and speaker cables the same model or is one `higher` end than the other?

f1 fan 05-22-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 16242)
Interesting thread, however my cables are consistent throughout. I believe it is vital for proper Synergy.

Hey Ivan,

Are your WireWorld`s the same model throughout your amazing system?

Masterlu 05-22-2009 04:56 PM

I use Wireworld Gold Eclipse cables throughout my entire system. I use their Silver Electra power cords, because they sounded better to me than the Golds.

jdandy 05-22-2009 05:15 PM

I use Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6.0 interconnects, Silver Electra power cords, Silver Starlight coax, and Super Nova glass fiber optic cable. I use Kimber 8TC speaker cable.

f1 fan 05-22-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 16304)
I use Wireworld Gold Eclipse cables throughout my entire system. I use their Silver Electra power cords, because they sounded better to me than the Golds.

That`s good synergy....bet it sounds amazing.:yes::music:

f1 fan 05-22-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 16312)
I use Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6.0 interconnects, Silver Electra power cords, Silver Starlight coax, and Super Nova glass fiber optic cable. I use Kimber 8TC speaker cable.

Hey Dan,

I use the Kimber Select KS 3033 speaker cables.....`I be likeing Kimber Kables`.:thumbsup:

Still-One 05-22-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1 fan (Post 16300)
Stillone,

Are your Transparent interconnects and speaker cables the same model or is one `higher` end than the other?

I use Ultra MM2 on both.