AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   ADD-Powr (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   ADD-Powr Wizard in the house! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50502)

Vintage Pete 11-08-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1048335)
Pete..., a very nice review! :thumbsup:

Bart....thank you sir!

Vintage Pete 11-09-2021 04:43 PM

Can't get enough

Well, forgive me but I'm just going to have to jump back in here and rant and rave some more about the impact this product has had on my primary system. I really had to force myself to quit last night, well past my bedtime. If I weren't hearing it for myself, I wouldn't have believed it. In nearly every case, the moment I start a new track on either CD or vinyl, from the very first note or instrumental sound I can hear an improvement in the timbre and character of the instrument, sound, or voice. Last night, I pulled out my CD of Dido: Life for Rent, which I hadn't played in a while. I was absolutely astonished by the realism, depth, spaciousness and overall quality of the presentation. I really don't even think we can call this a "tweak". It is, for me, a quantum leap in performance. This, when my system was already sounding very, very good. I believe this product can and will make any good stereo system much better. I almost feel like those of us sitting here using this product have an "unfair" advantage over those who are not. It makes things that much better. I'm also getting the sense that things are actually improved in my other systems by its installation-at least I believe so with my office system. ADD-Powr does state that the Wizard "changes the quality of the AC line from the entry point at the circuit breaker box of the home or commercial space". Perhaps this accounts for the apparent improvements in my other systems.

As I was listening last night to some CD's that I hadn't played perhaps in a little while-but not that long ago-I was attempting to account for any other factors that could explain why that particular CD could now be sounding that much better-and each time the only conclusion I could reach was: The Wizard.

I would add also another observation that a user mentioned in a review that I read. The increased emotion one experiences in the music is something you have to hear to understand. The reviewer described "an intense emotional connection". I believe this very much describes the experience, and it is hard to explain. The effect strains credibility...

I am very intrigued by how these products work, even though I don't fully understand it, not yet anyway. I'll be doing more reading up on it for sure, including (and maybe especially?) the Fourier transform concept that is discussed in another paper included with my device.

However it actually works, I can tell you it works well. Very, very well.

Okay, that's enough ranting and raving....for now. :thumbsup:

bart 11-09-2021 05:58 PM

Pete, you have me curious now.
I want to try this in our system...

But I only see an Italian dealer in Europe.
My dealer has something a bit similar, CAD, but that's way more expensive.

Or can master Ivan do something for us poor Europeans? :D

Vintage Pete 11-09-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1048395)

Bart....Ivan has a way of working miracles! :D

Masterlu 11-09-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1048395)

PM inbound :)

bart 11-10-2021 03:07 PM

And answered, after yet another too busy day. :thankyouspin:

bart 11-10-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 1048400)
Bart....Ivan has a way of working miracles! :D

Haha Pete!
I was hoping so, but in fact I knew already. :yes:

Vintage Pete 11-10-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1048441)
Haha Pete!
I was hoping so, but in fact I knew already. :yes:

Bart....I look forward to your impressions! :thumbsup:

bart 11-12-2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 1048449)
Bart....I look forward to your impressions! :thumbsup:

Pete..., I'll purchase this early next year. :thumbsup:

Clyde2 06-28-2023 10:51 AM

Hello All. I’m a little late to the party with regard to Add-Powr products but I’d just like to echo the comments by Vintage Pete in his review and evaluation of the Wizard. After much discussion with Masterlu, and you’re probably aware of his thoughts on these devices, I decided to take the plunge. I can only speak for myself, but each and every recommendation Ivan has given me brought great improvement to my system. The Wizard arrived promptly but it sounded like “a screw was loose” within the unit. I reached out to Bill Stierhout, the man behind the curtain who designed and built these units. Bill was responsive and talked me through the issue that was literally only a loose screw on the chassis. He initially offered several generous remedies but all I wanted was to hear this in my system! (Not only is Ivan at the top of the customer service ladder, the people behind the gear he recommends are too). The Wizard just plugs into the wall….. That’s it. I’m sure everyone reading this knows that but the utter simplicity bears repeating. The effects are immediate and once heard, won’t be easy to do without. For me, it was another level of “realism”. Everything just sounds more vivid and natural. The soundstage became larger and even more independent from the speakers than I had heard it before. The effects increased after a few days with the Wizard being powered up. Well worth the investment for me. A 30 day return window eliminates the risk but I can now see why they never get sent back.

I was so impressed with the Wizard I took another leap and purchased a Symphony I/O. This is a USB and Ethernet signal “Harmonizer”. It does for the digital signal what the Wizard does for the power in your system. Bill Stierhout tried to explain it to me. I say he tried because my scientific background in this area is quite limited. I’m not in the “show me the measurements” crowd. I’m only interested in how it sounds. The I/O stands for In/Out and is implemented like a switch. The sense of realism and natural presentation increased again for digital. I couldn’t be happier with these devices and will keep an eye out for additional products from Coherence/Add-Powr. Put simply, they just work. Thanks Bill! And thank you to Ivan!