AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Remote Control (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Logitech Harmony Elite Review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44766)

Poppyhome 10-14-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 982468)
.................The integration with my Lutron Caseta lighting controls is slow and stupid................

Alexa works well with Caseta. :D

Ron

W9TR 10-14-2019 08:03 PM

Ron. I agree for the price it’s hard to beat. I still have it after three years.

But, there were times when I wanted to stomp it to death. That still could happen.

But why on earth they can’t seem to interface with the most popular lighting system around is beyond me.

Alexa has been banned from our house due to privacy concerns, so not an option for us.

Poppyhome 10-14-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 982572)
Ron. I agree for the price it’s hard to beat. I still have it after three years.

But, there were times when I wanted to stomp it to death. That still could happen.

But why on earth they can’t seem to interface with the most popular lighting system around is beyond me.

Alexa has been banned from our house due to privacy concerns, so not an option for us.

Alexa — Hallway lights off. :D

Ron

nicoff 10-16-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 982483)
Maybe you guys are being overly critical. :scratch2:

Its easy to use, can do mostly anything with trial and error and the interface and updates works well.............nothing better at this price point for a DIY system. :yes:

Alexa integration works well for me most of the time.

My only complaint is wanting more than 2 IR mini-blasters.

I give it an A-

Ron

I totally agree. It works ok. Plus, it has helped in getting my wife to use the system. Pressing one button for listen audio, or watch TV, or play DVD/Blu-Ray does the trick. It make take a little bit of effort to get it right in the beginning, but after that it (generally) works.

JoeN 11-28-2019 12:06 PM

I agree, it's only "ok." We just began using one just yesterday. It takes the place of 3 of our remotes - Sony TV, Martin Logan Soundbar, and Apple TV. As already mentioned this makes it wife friendly. It's also iPhone friendly too ...

Initial setup yesterday was rather challenging. However, today all seems to be working fine - except its interaction with Alexa.

Projectman 11-28-2019 05:33 PM

Logitech has been looking for a buyer for Harmony for several years. I believe the CEO has said it isn’t a business they want to be in anymore. This means upgrades and support will probably start to fall away. I’m still happy with my Harmony elite.

all2ears 03-26-2020 12:37 AM

Harmony 950

No luck with Harmony Remotes

Poppyhome 03-26-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all2ears (Post 999784)
No luck with Harmony Remotes

The primary difference between Harmony 950 and the Elite is that the 950 does not come with the Harmony Hub and the Elite does. The Hub is what makes it possible to use either Bluetooth, Wi-fi, or IR blasters to control particular components as well as to integrate smart home devices with your home theater setup.

The Harmony Elite using the IR blasters near components works well for me most of the time, has no major issues, and it does what its made to do.

Alexa turn on Roon...................volume up. :music:

andreantunes 10-17-2020 01:30 PM

Logitech Harmony Elite Review

I have had several Harmony remotes. ( 4 I believe) For the last year and a half I've been using Logitech Harmony Elite and it works really well with all my devices. It's highly customizable. It just doesn't work with my remote AC plugs for lightning but that's fine.

What I can say is that it's the best remote I had so far. In possibilities, ease of use and built quality.

No Alexa or any other listener around here. I'm the one listening...

Razor* 03-09-2022 11:52 AM

We have had an Elite for a few months now since the Harmony 1000 died. It's not perfect but arguably the best remote out now. I think my wife liked the little picture icons on the old 1000 but have convinced her it's old tech now, lol. Basically it's used to turn on the TV and sound system, turn lights on and off, and turning on the Xbox when she wants to watch Netflix. ;)