AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wireworld Stellar 8K Optical HDMI 2.1 Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48574)

Masterlu 09-03-2020 02:24 PM

Wireworld Stellar 8K Optical HDMI 2.1 Cables

1 Attachment(s)
Just Released... Wireworld Stellar 8K Optical HDMI 2.1 Cables

-E- 09-03-2020 06:01 PM

And no separate power requirement for the long runs?!

Masterlu 09-03-2020 06:10 PM

To the best of my knowledge right now, the answer is no.

Masterlu 09-06-2020 12:26 PM

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, AUGUST 1, 2020 — Wireworld Cable Technology, one of the world's most respected brands of high- performance audio and video cables, announces the release of the StellarTM Fiber Optic HDMI cable. These extended-range cables utilize the highest quality laser modules and driver chips to improve image quality and provide long term reliability, while supporting the 48Gbps data rate required for next generation video applications.
The next generation 8K/120 video standard of HDMI2.1 has created the requirement for cables that support the extreme data rate of 48 Gigabits per second. Conventional copper HDMI cables are only able to support 48Gbps signals over lengths of a few meters. Fiber optics are required to support 48Gbps over the long lengths used in many home theater installations. While optical cables for the previous HDMI generations have been around for years, they have the reputation of being less reliable than copper cables. Of course, that is understandable because they contain complex electronics and lasers in addition to conductors. That’s why it pays to buy an
Wireworld’s goal for Stellar, was to create a fiber optic HDMI cable that provides both state-of-the-art performance and extreme reliability. To accomplish that goal, Stellar utilizes world-class parts, materials and construction techniques. Stellar’s laser modules are made by the American company II-VI, a leading supplier of laser devices for the most demanding applications. Likewise, the driver chipset is produced by the German company, Silicon-Line, a leader in microchip technology. The cable’s four optical fibers are of the superior OM3 laser-optimized grade. The cable structure features double-thickness shields and several high strength Kevlar fiber bundles for increased durability and freedom from interference. With these world-class components, materials and structure, Stellar provides enhanced performance and superior long-term value.
Stellar supports all HDMI2.1 features and capabilities, including HDR10+, HDCP2.3, Ethernet, Enhanced ARC, Deep Color, etc. To ease installation, the durable die-cast zinc plugs feature the extremely narrow width of 18mm/0.7”, so they can be pulled through common size electrical conduit. Stellar is also UL-CMP/FT6 plenum rated for residential and commercial installations.

Retail Pricing;

Stellar HDMI – $450/5m, $500/10m, $550/15m, $600/20m, $700/30m

I am taking pre-orders now.

Robert_Anderson 09-06-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1013764)
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, AUGUST 1, 2020 — Wireworld Cable Technology, one of the world's most respected brands of high- performance audio and video cables, announces the release of the StellarTM Fiber Optic HDMI cable. These extended-range cables utilize the highest quality laser modules and driver chips to improve image quality and provide long term reliability, while supporting the 48Gbps data rate required for next generation video applications.
The next generation 8K/120 video standard of HDMI2.1 has created the requirement for cables that support the extreme data rate of 48 Gigabits per second. Conventional copper HDMI cables are only able to support 48Gbps signals over lengths of a few meters. Fiber optics are required to support 48Gbps over the long lengths used in many home theater installations. While optical cables for the previous HDMI generations have been around for years, they have the reputation of being less reliable than copper cables. Of course, that is understandable because they contain complex electronics and lasers in addition to conductors. That’s why it pays to buy an
Wireworld’s goal for Stellar, was to create a fiber optic HDMI cable that provides both state-of-the-art performance and extreme reliability. To accomplish that goal, Stellar utilizes world-class parts, materials and construction techniques. Stellar’s laser modules are made by the American company II-VI, a leading supplier of laser devices for the most demanding applications. Likewise, the driver chipset is produced by the German company, Silicon-Line, a leader in microchip technology. The cable’s four optical fibers are of the superior OM3 laser-optimized grade. The cable structure features double-thickness shields and several high strength Kevlar fiber bundles for increased durability and freedom from interference. With these world-class components, materials and structure, Stellar provides enhanced performance and superior long-term value.
Stellar supports all HDMI2.1 features and capabilities, including HDR10+, HDCP2.3, Ethernet, Enhanced ARC, Deep Color, etc. To ease installation, the durable die-cast zinc plugs feature the extremely narrow width of 18mm/0.7”, so they can be pulled through common size electrical conduit. Stellar is also UL-CMP/FT6 plenum rated for residential and commercial installations.

Retail Pricing;

Stellar HDMI – $450/5m, $500/10m, $550/15m, $600/20m, $700/30m

I am taking pre-orders now.

Great pricing, can you add a 10m one to the list?

Masterlu 09-06-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Anderson (Post 1013826)
Great pricing, can you add a 10m one to the list?

Done ✅

UFTE 09-07-2020 04:59 PM

Sounds like another great product from WW, and more than affordable for someone not looking to break the bank on long cable projector runs. I see one of these in my future once my move is complete and I get the theater back up and running:yes: I can’t wait to hear some reviews once they start shipping!
-Ryan

UFTE 09-25-2020 04:14 PM

Have these started to ship? I'm very interested to hear any reviews once they do!!:thumbsup:

-Ryan

Masterlu 09-25-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFTE (Post 1015431)
Have these started to ship? I'm very interested to hear any reviews once they do!!:thumbsup:

-Ryan

No, not just yet.

UFTE 09-27-2020 03:42 PM

Sounds good Ivan... Do keep us posted:thumbsup:

-Ryan