AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Model T Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21383)

James Tanner - Bryston 06-17-2015 06:20 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Middle T Speaker – Customer Feedback

June 2015

Hi James,

I am the dentist who sat with you for awhile listening to the Middle T’s. I am the one with the Tannoy Ardens and Quad 57’s.

I bought the speakers from the show through Hi-Fi Center in Vancouver and bought a new BP 26 preamplifier and power supply as well.

I love the speakers!

They are effortless to listen to at any volume and I do not get fatigued at all. I especially like the quality of the base. At times I seem to feel it in my chest. I was wondering: would there be any benefit in adding the Model T or Mini T subwoofer or is that more of a home theatre application? What do you notice when the response gets down to 25 Hz and 18 Hz?

Cheers
Sandy McFarlane

James Tanner - Bryston 06-21-2015 08:28 AM

Hi Folks,

SNEAK PEAK:

Have some terrific reviews coming on a Bryston speaker surround system using 4 of the Mini A's, one AC-1 Micro Center and one Model A Sub from two US major magazines.

FAVORITE QUOTES:

• Their transient response, their capacity for dynamics, their beautiful tonal balance at any volume, and their sublime dispersion characteristics made them amongst my favorite bookshelf speakers that I've auditioned in quite some time. Perhaps ever.

• It’s dynamic capabilities, its deliciously neutral midrange, and its exquisitely impactful yet nimble bass, you're left with a system that has almost no sonic faults.

• The other thing I couldn't help but notice in that scene is just how seamlessly the Model A subwoofer blended with the satellites.

james

Glenee 06-22-2015 01:17 PM

James,
I have been reading some info on a replacement tweeter, but I can't get a fix on the date. I just ordered some New Mini T's from you know who, and was wondering if the new tweeters are in these production runs or a up Charge ?
Thanks,
Glenee

James Tanner - Bryston 06-22-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenee (Post 708996)
James,
I have been reading some info on a replacement tweeter, but I can't get a fix on the date. I just ordered some New Mini T's from you know who, and was wondering if the new tweeters are in these production runs or a up Charge ?
Thanks,
Glenee

Hi

We have been using the new tweeters for a while now so any speakers ordered in the last few months will have the new tweeters.

james

Glenee 06-22-2015 02:58 PM

Thanks James

James Tanner - Bryston 06-26-2015 01:30 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T’s – Now in the UK!

June 2015

“James - it's now a few months since I took delivery of my Model T's, and I thought I'd give you some feedback on how I've got on. I know it's been a while, but I wanted to give myself some time to live with the new speakers, see how they affected me.

My overall summary is that the speakers have completely changed the way I am listening to music,

because I feel much more like I am listening to singers/band/orchestras/etc. rather than to CD's (albeit via a great transport and DAC). At first I found this quite overwhelming - the ability of the speakers to deliver a 'real world' experience took me by surprise and stopped me listening as passively as I once did. I feel much more involved in the music I'm listening to. I've always listened at reasonable volumes (I have an understanding family!) and whereas previously I could do so and get on with other activities, now I'm finding I want to stop and just enjoy the music even more than I did before. It's a wonderful thing, but initially was quite distracting - in a good way. Since then I've learnt how to manage that balance. Background listening happens at a much lower volume - the speakers still sound great when quiet - but at those volumes I can just about resist the allure!

However when I really want to listen I am continually grinning at how good stuff sounds - not least that control and extension down at the bass end. It's a great feeling!

Before I'd first heard the model T's in the US I'd read a lot about how they sounded like much more expensive speakers (the sort of stuff way out of my price league). Because I had to import them to the UK personally (I gather I was the first UK purchaser) then the cost went up a bit more, but I still feel I have bought a pair speakers that offer tremendous value for money.

Above all else though I have speakers that make my enjoyment of music even better than it was before (and that took some doing!). As such I want to thank you for your passion and commitment to getting the model T's made, and for personally helping me in getting them over here to the UK.”

Very best regards
John

James Tanner - Bryston 07-01-2015 06:52 AM

Hi Folks

It's "Canada Day" today and what better way to celebrate than another excellent review on a Canadian speaker ... aye!

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speaker Review

July 2015

Hi Folks,

Please see attached link regarding another superb review on the Bryston Mini A loudspeaker in Soundstage Magazine.

FAVOURITE QUOTES:

“The Mini A speakers’ ability to go effortlessly from soft to loud was admirable for a fairly small speaker.”

“The Brystons simply sounded right as they immersed me in vast, 3D sound-scapes.”

Click on link for full review:

SoundStage! Hi-Fi | SoundStageHiFi.com - Bryston Mini A Loudspeakers

James Tanner - Bryston 07-01-2015 10:40 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Mini A's. They were so much fun to listen to and I loved how they looked with the grilles off. I cannot recommend them enough. I had planned to buy a pair in walnut after selling the Boston Cherry vinyl demos but I had a few more speakers I wanted to audition first. Inexpensive, beautiful look and finish... even in vinyl, terrific sounding, it's the complete package.

gene9p

James Tanner - Bryston 07-15-2015 03:42 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston AC-1 Center Channel

July 2015

Hi Folks,

We have added the Bryston AC-1 Center speaker to our A Series speaker models.

The AC-1 Center is a larger version of our AC-1 Mini speaker and adds a second midrange and tweeter driver for more power handling.

The AC-1 Center is a perfect match for the Model A1 or Model A2 speaker in a surround setup.

James Tanner - Bryston 07-18-2015 03:54 PM

Hi Folks,

The new AC-1 Center channel is now on our website.

Bryston: Model A1 Center Loudspeaker

James