AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Model T Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21383)

James Tanner - Bryston 12-10-2014 05:11 PM

Hi Folks,

Please see the new BRYSTON SPEAKER BROCHURE

It has an additional 4 pages and now includes:

1. A two page spread on our “Family of Curves”
2. New Micro A Center channel
3. New Model A Subwoofer

If anyone wants a copy please email me - jamestanner@bryston.com
Its a 5M PDF

james

James Tanner - Bryston 12-11-2014 01:39 PM

Dealer Feedback:

Hi James

Got the smaller Bryston A3 speakers in.

Obviously the Big boys (Model T) are much better in the deep bass and dynamics department. I was worried the A3’s would sound a little thin and bright. But they don't, tonal balance-wise I was surprised how similar they are to the T's - smooth, body, bass is impressive for the size and they image like crazy.

They sound fantastic!

Mark

James Tanner - Bryston 12-13-2014 10:41 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Mini T – Customer Feedback

SNORGY

Hi James – Mini T Speakers

Having just bought a pair, with stands, several months ago, what I can say is that the Mini Ts play much larger than they look. Listening to them on their stands, blindfolded, a person would have no way of telling them apart from a pair of high quality floor standing towers.

If the person was then to remove the blindfold, he or she would find it difficult to believe that *THAT* came out of *THOSE*.

These have had an even greater impact on me as a "bookshelf speaker" than the Paisley AE-400's did about thirty years ago. I first paired the Mini Ts with a vintage HK PM665 integrated amplifier, and I can honestly say it was, to my ears, the most perfectly matched amplifier-speaker combination that I have heard in three decades. They do want power, but if the power is available - within reason - these things will scare you before you scare them.

Simply put, these are the best "small" speakers I have heard in a long, long time.

Snorgy.

James Tanner - Bryston 12-17-2014 04:48 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Dealers
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Début at Phase One Studio

December 2014

Hi James,

Got the Mini T’s we purchased in the studio this morning and of course we put them up in Studio C right away to give them a test drive, driven by two 7Bs and Nordost cables. I listened to an old Lyle Lovett CD (Joshua Judges Ruth) and Donald Fagen’s “Nightfly as well.

You could tell right off that the detail and openness and imaging were excellent!

We had an engineer in the room who likes his Dyne BM15s which were next to the Mini T’s. They were very similar in fact, much to my surprise, but the Dyne has a slightly larger woofer (10”) and did produce a bit more low end. However, as I pointed out, what counts is how the speakers translate to the outside world and for me the Dyne low end is not as detailed which could lead to a mistake in mastering the low end (the hardest part of recording to get right).

Engineers are a stubborn lot. They are resistant to change like no one’s business. Introducing something new is never an instant process of acceptance but over time the good stuff rises to the top. The Mini T’s offer a sense of detail that goes beyond the Dyne’s and for me is something I will master the next record with. All I’m looking for is a neutrality that gives me confidence the sound will be good on a variety of systems and from my brief listen, I have faith the Mini’s will do just that.

By the way, they are only slightly larger than other nearfields so are not totally out of place on a console. In a perfect world they would be shorter, deeper and possibly a bit more squat but I’m not complaining James, they are a fine addition to what we do. And we may end up putting the Mini’s on stands just behind the console, allowing us to lower the overall height by a few inches.

BARRY LUBOTTA
President
PHASE ONE AUDIO GROUP inc.

James Tanner - Bryston 12-18-2014 07:55 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speakers – Upcoming Review

December 2014

HI James,

Andre Marc here. I just received a pair of Bryston Mini A speakers in for review.

Let me just say that after just 24 hours I am absolutely impressed beyond any expectations I could have had. The Mini A's have the potential to offer the highest price to performance ratio I have encountered in my time in the industry.

I am actually getting very decent bass performance in my room now. I have them in a system that includes your BDA-1 DAC. I think you guys make the best digital and on the market, and great electronics, but I won't lie, I was a bit skeptical about the speakers!.

I seriously think you may have set a new benchmark in this price range. I have generally gravitated towards classic British designs for monitors, but quite frankly, these Mini A speakers are game changers, and they are not even settled in yet.

Stay tuned!

James Tanner - Bryston 12-22-2014 01:24 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Dealers
SUBJECT: Customer Feedback Bryston LCR

December 2014

Hi James,

I had to let you know that I order the Middle T and the Mini T center. For the last couple of weeks I've been listening to them with music and movies.

Well WOW, WOW AND WOW, These are an amazing speakers, like the size even if they are a little bit heavy. I love the impact they do with soundtrack of movies, I was missing a lot with my other speakers.

I've been listening to music every day since I install them and I just love the balance of it. 90% of my library is wave music file, the rest is in mp3 and even with that kind of crap of file, they still come out in very good shape and sound very good.

The new tweeter has a much more beautiful design to my taste than the first one. The high frequencies are not just good — they are smooth and offer a touch of refinement. Love the magnet that hold the fabric, so when showing off the front speakers no more ugly holes. they are nicely finished in Boston cherry. They comes out very good with a 4BSST in silver just beside.

This was my gift from Me to Me this year. To complete my system, my next step will be the Mini T for the back, can't wait to ear the final result.

A happy Bryston customer
Robert Caron

James Tanner - Bryston 12-23-2014 12:38 PM

SUBJECT: BASEMENT TAPES “PART 2”

December 2014

Hi Folks,

A month ago I sent out info indicating the Basement Tapes of Bob Dylan and the Band containing 138 songs were Restored, Mixed and Mastered by Peter Moore of “The E Room Mastering Studios” on: the Bryston Middle T speakers and Bryston amplifiers.

I am pleased to report the recording has received the:

“Stereophile Recording of the Month”

The Basement Tapes Complete … John Swenson Stereophile

“This is a difficult album to rate sonically. In restoring it to its original state, Peter J, Moore has presented us with a deliberately rough-hewn product.

But the painstaking effort to re-create the sessions as they happened, with the best-recorded versions of Dylan's vocals ever issued, is a work of restorative art in its own right, showing us this music without the masks it has paraded behind over the years.

LINK:

Recording of January 2015: <I>The Basement Tapes Complete</I> | Stereophile.com

James Tanner - Bryston 01-07-2015 09:54 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston Middle T Speaker Stereophile Review

Hi Folks – the Stereophile review in the February 2015 issue of Stereophile Magazine is due out this week on the … Bryston Middle T Loudspeaker.

My two favorite quotes are:

“And again I must point out that excellent cumulative spectral-decay plot. It is uncommon to see a large, affordable tower speaker with so clean an initial decay.”

John Atkinson

“The Bryston Middle T is the real thing: a wonderful speaker at a reasonable price that can be enjoyed for many years.”

Kalman Rubinson

The Bryston Middle T Speaker is featured on the front cover of the February issue of Stereophile.

James Tanner - Bryston 01-10-2015 07:16 AM

Hi Folks ... Sneak Peak

South Africa's Top Audo/Video Magazine is reviewing the Bryston Model T Speakers.

"Most speakers will find it easy enough to render the sonics involved – but the emotive quality, the attack and timbre, the revelation of layers behind layers, and the careful, circumspect placing of voices and instruments on a deep, expansive soundstage – those elements were heeded and exposed with a grace and care unusual for such large, complex, multi-driver speaker".

James Tanner - Bryston 01-14-2015 06:55 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Customer Feedback

January 2015

Hi James,

Lets talk about music.

Firstly, the change from my (edit) power amp - the new (edit) @ 200wpc to the Bryston 4BSST^2 completely changed the personality of my long loved (edit) from the late 1980's! The (edit) jumped to life with fuller bottom end and a new lease on life! The old girls were smiling!

Then I hooked up the new Mini T's.

My first reaction was joy - about how much fun i was going to have with these speakers. Although, i was a bit surprised of what I observed to be less detail in the sound compared to the (edit) - and less spatial separation between the instruments - something the (edit) excelled at. I must admit, my ears were so used to the (edit) precision and transparency that it was difficult for me to immediately appreciate the sonic quality of the Mini's. But, It didn't take too long to adjust!

Prior to hooking up the Mini T's i could really only listen to music for a short while (with the (edit) setup) before my ears suffered from fatigue. The Mini T's changed that and I've spent many 4-5 hour evenings of listening, and quite loud, and its all good baby! No fatigue - and keeps me coming back to my system. And, I now have 2 weeks of bachelor-hood and many hours of listening will continue! Yes. Like right now, listening to Jackson Browne's new album 'Standing on the Breach' - at 24/96. Track 3. Beautiful acoustic guitar, bass, and vocals.

I love these Mini T's!

I was reassured that i could listen as loudly as i wanted, and not to worry if the volume heads towards 2 or 3 o'clock on the volume dial! And that's right, the Mini's can handle it. The reviewers are bang on - no noticeable distortion at loud volumes. Although, the lights on the front of the 4B were flashing red one night when the horn section kicked in somewhere on the Graceland album. I was enjoying the African harmonies! I love the warm sound of the Mini's, and the incredible bass - one of the main reasons I was attracted to the Mini's - the massive low frequency response from a not-so-big speaker. And the price. And it was from Bryston!

Two recordings i listen to often are Knopfler's Privateering album and the Allman Brothers - Playing All Night - Live at the Beacon Theatre 1992. Man, the first 5 minutes of In Memory of Elizabeth Reed on these Mini T's is stunning. The dual drum kits cranking it out in time and Dickey and Warren's beautiful complementary guitar leads - its like I'm right there! Loud and Stunning. Love it!

Needless to say, I am very happy with my new Mini T's. I was toying with, eventually, upgrading to the Middle T but I'm not so sure now....the mini's sound large....with a capital L. The extra 8" drivers of the middle brother may actually blow the roof off! Ha!

Thanks again for making my Bryston purchases such a great experience. And for taking the leap into speaker design! Love you guys. And proud to be canadian!

Cheers,

Terry Sullivan
Smithers BC