AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Travel & Leisure (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Corvid-19 & Travel (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47654)

Formerly YB-2 02-28-2020 04:55 PM

Corvid-19 & Travel

Headed to Morocco, Spain & France for the month of April and wife is concerned about the coronavirus.

Masterlu 02-28-2020 05:42 PM

This could be a short lived thread. ;)

djwhog 02-28-2020 06:35 PM

this is a pure crap thread sad sad sad... :) I hate P word when on an audio site....

crwilli 02-28-2020 09:17 PM

Glenn, I believe you should be worried. This is far from over. We have to make final payment on an August cruise from Barcelona to London next week and I am seriously considering delaying that trip. ‘Why take the risk?’ is the key question.

Puma Cat 02-28-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 996727)
Glenn, I believe you should be worried. This is far from over. We have to make final payment on an August cruise from Barcelona to London next week and I am seriously considering delaying that trip. ‘Why take the risk?’ is the key question.

Its not only far from over, it hasn't even fully ramped up yet...just heard another case in Santa Clara was reported today, another "community-spread" case.

Formerly YB-2 02-28-2020 10:09 PM

Not sure it will matter where one is. Eventually all large population centers (metro areas) around the world will have the virus. We'll keep an eye on things and make a last-minute decision. Fingers crossed (for us all). Unfortunately, we don't know enough yet, regardless of where we are.

crwilli 02-28-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 996738)
Not sure it will matter where one is. Eventually all large population centers (metro areas) around the world will have the virus. We'll keep an eye on things and make a last-minute decision. Fingers crossed (for us all). Unfortunately, we don't know enough yet, regardless of where we are.

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

We can each partially control our potential exposure.

Certainly traveling through big airports and into areas of potentially higher levels of infection are things to avoid. In addition, traveling to areas with potentially fewer health care options seems unwise.

Staying home and only traveling out when absolutely necessary during known periods of outbreak would seem prudent.

Weirdcuba 02-28-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 996739)
Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

We can each partially control our potential exposure.

Certainly traveling through big airports and into areas of potentially higher levels of infection are things to avoid. In addition, traveling to areas with potentially fewer health care options seems unwise.

Staying home and only traveling out when absolutely necessary during known periods of outbreak would seem prudent.

This is why I cancelled my upcoming fly fishing trip to the Seychelles, where I am confined to a ship (although there are only about 30 people on it) about 12 hours a day. There’s a crew of locals and then fly fisherman from all over the world, on one boat for about 9 days. We go out every day in skiffs, but over night, it’s essentially a cruise ship for flyfishermen.

It wasn’t the risk of infection as much as the risk of being quarantined going across the many borders that are required to get from here to there and back. Now, I just have to fight with the travel insurer to get my used car back.

alkizz 03-01-2020 10:38 AM

I'm still traveling. In Geneva area now, was in London last week. Lot's of masks in the airports but otherwise all is well for now.

I don't touch my face that much and wash my hands a lot more than usual, sanitizer etc.

It's interesting to see what's going on. Milan is only about 3.5 hours from here and dealing with an outbreak, Germany, Switzerland, and a few other places are canceling meetings/events with 1000 people or more. So the response is fairly strong in Europe for now.

Masterlu 03-01-2020 12:39 PM

https://www.customsigns.com/media/ca...room_228_2.png