AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   SilenZio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   Here Is a Dumb SilenZio Question (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47821)

LarsT 03-28-2020 07:45 AM

Here Is a Dumb SilenZio Question
 
I am using my SilenZio as my Roon Core and as a local streamer for the room it is in.

Should my ethernet cable be installed with the arrows (direction of signal) going to the Silenzio or from the SilenZio to the router? Or does it even matter?

My guess would be that the arrows should point towards the router since I am usually listening in a different room, and the music needs to get to that room. But I could be completely wrong.

Masterlu 03-28-2020 07:54 AM

Lars... the Ethernet arrows should point toward SilenZio, if you are outputting the digital signal via USB, etc.

nicoff 03-28-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarsT (Post 1000042)
I am using my SilenZio as my Roon Core and as a local streamer for the room it is in.

Should my ethernet cable be installed with the arrows (direction of signal) going to the Silenzio or from the SilenZio to the router? Or does it even matter?

My guess would be that the arrows should point towards the router since I am usually listening in a different room, and the music needs to get to that room. But I could be completely wrong.



Ethernet cable with arrows? I canít recall ever seeing one with arrows.

Masterlu 03-28-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicoff (Post 1000057)
Ethernet cable with arrows? I canít recall ever seeing one with arrows.

Most upgraded Ethernet cables have them WW etc.

W9TR 03-28-2020 04:04 PM

Since Ethernet is by definition bi-directional Iím guessing one end of the shield is grounded (sending end) and the other floats. That would be the technically correct way to make one of these cables and avoid ground loops.

clpetersen 03-28-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 1000104)
Since Ethernet is by definition bi-directional Iím guessing one end of the shield is grounded (sending end) and the other floats. That would be the technically correct way to make one of these cables and avoid ground loops.

+1


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2021 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.