AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Considering Shindo 753 Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=31264)

755a 05-09-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotzenplotz (Post 698535)
I think better and worse is always subjective, and more correctly is "better suited" or "worse suited" in high end audio. I have a hard time taking a blanet comment like "brand x is better" very seriously. I was taken with the shindo. Others may not be, but it's at the top of my list. fight the good fight

Finally you said something that actually makes sense. I agree completely.

Hotzenplotz 05-14-2015 05:00 PM

Shindo doesn´t claim aiming ´accurate´ or ´correct´ sound reproducing, he defines himself as ´sound create producer´...

4Musica 05-24-2015 03:51 AM

Just an update to share with all of you who have so kindly tried to help me.

I still hope to soon audition the new Hommage Ken speakers as one possible upgrade path from my Solovox. But in the interim, I tried moving my Shindo V-R preamp to the Solovox system. It was such a remarkable improvement over the Masseto (I listened to vinyl on that system until about 3a this morning) that I decided to keep the V-R there, get another preamp for the system that had the V-R, and order the D'Yquems to go with the V-R and Solovox. I expect that the V-R/D'Yquem combination will provide the best sound I have heard from the Solovox.

I will let you all know how everything sounds once the D'Yquems arrive and start to get broken in.

Best Regards,
Steven

Hotzenplotz 05-24-2015 07:14 AM

Yes, the VR is a great new preamp!

4Musica 09-04-2015 08:47 PM

System update - Well, the D'Yquems arrived a while back and they are breaking in nicely. Together with the V-R, they were making my Solovox speakers sound the best I have ever heard them sound. So good in fact that I wanted to take my system to the next level, and so I replaced the Solovox with the alnico version of the Shindo 604. Now I finally have "that sound" in our living room system that I have been coveting for years!

Thanks to all of you for your thoughtful comments and suggestions!

Good listening!

Best Regards,

Steven

omodo 09-04-2015 09:43 PM

congratulations!

fjn04 09-04-2015 10:23 PM

Congrats Steven. I think it's fair to say you have arrived. We will have to see some photos now (-:

SimonYVR 09-05-2015 10:42 AM

Steven,

If you are looking for a new home for the Solovox's where they will be safe and loved : ) I would love to adopt them!

Simon

4Musica 09-05-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonYVR (Post 724220)
Steven,

If you are looking for a new home for the Solovox's where they will be safe and loved : ) I would love to adopt them!

Simon

Simon - The ONLY reason I parted with the Solovox's is the simple fact that they would not work in either of my other main systems. I traded them back to Don Better of Don Better Audio toward my purchase of the Shindo 604's. So far as I know, Don intends to sell them. They are in pristine condition. But I predict that the attendant "adoption papers" will cost you! : )

Best Regards,

Steven

SimonYVR 09-05-2015 04:42 PM

Steven,

I called Don, he's not selling : (

Simon