AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Any K-01X reviews out there? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=33103)

mchydro 09-25-2015 01:06 PM

Any K-01X reviews out there?

Does anyone know of any audio publications that have written a review of the Esoteric K-01X? I know there's a lot out there on the K-01. But I cannot seem to find much on the K-01X.

I have already read everything here on AA. Just looking for more.

I am getting one soon and I love to read up as much as I can. Part of the excitement I suppose.

-E- 09-25-2015 01:31 PM

You already made the right decision to get one.

I was skeptical until I heard Grandioso/K01x/K03x the first time and just went "yep, ok, real deal."

jameslrock 09-25-2015 01:36 PM

The Absolute Sound had a review of the K-01 and K-03 a year or more ago and the reviewer gave recommendations on the settings. See if you can search for the review.

Eisener Bart 09-26-2015 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mchydro (Post 728981)
Does anyone know of any audio publications that have written a review of the Esoteric K-01X? I know there's a lot out there on the K-01. But I cannot seem to find much on the K-01X.

I have already read everything here on AA. Just looking for more.

I am getting one soon and I love to read up as much as I can. Part of the excitement I suppose.

Esoteric K-01X Super Audio CD/CD Player Review - Dagogo | A Unique Audiophile Experience

mchydro 09-26-2015 08:39 AM

Thanks very much! I have not seen this one before.

Eisener Bart 09-26-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mchydro (Post 729148)
Thanks very much! I have not seen this one before.

You are welcome!
It was published only today.

I am slavering on Esoteric Players last 2 years. :D

Masterlu 09-26-2015 09:06 AM

Mmm Mmm good! ;)

mchydro 09-26-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisener Bart (Post 729150)

You are welcome!
It was published only today.

I am slavering on Esoteric Players last 2 years. :D

And an awesome review it was! Thanks again.

audible1 09-27-2015 10:56 PM

Dear MChydro. Congrats on your excellent choice. I received my player a month ago.

I have mostly been using my K-01x for ordinary redbook CDs. The playback is simply stunning - I am amazed at how good ordinary redbook CDs are and the amazing detail, ambience and musicality of this medium. Most of my music is redbook - I think most audiophiles have CDs as there is simply so much software available in CDs. I have yet to try the usb input. I did have a K-03 and the K-01x is a lot better, so much so that I did not need to do an A-B comparison. I have since sold my K-03.

My only gripe is that the K-01x remote is a bit hard to push buttons. It is a much nicer remote visually and feels more solid - now all brushed metal. However, the buttons are harder to press (or perhaps my fingers are too big) - as the buttons are recessed I have to use my finger tips or press really hard. Minor gripe really.

Best wishes on your upcoming delivery!

mchydro 09-28-2015 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audible1 (Post 729506)
Dear MChydro. Congrats on your excellent choice. I received my player a month ago.

I have mostly been using my K-01x for ordinary redbook CDs. The playback is simply stunning - I am amazed at how good ordinary redbook CDs are and the amazing detail, ambience and musicality of this medium. Most of my music is redbook - I think most audiophiles have CDs as there is simply so much software available in CDs. I have yet to try the usb input. I did have a K-03 and the K-01x is a lot better, so much so that I did not need to do an A-B comparison. I have since sold my K-03.

My only gripe is that the K-01x remote is a bit hard to push buttons. It is a much nicer remote visually and feels more solid - now all brushed metal. However, the buttons are harder to press (or perhaps my fingers are too big) - as the buttons are recessed I have to use my finger tips or press really hard. Minor gripe really.

Best wishes on your upcoming delivery!

Thanks audible1!