AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Streaming & Television Shows (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Bosch - Season 5 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45684)

jdandy 04-22-2019 06:59 PM

Bosch - Season 5

For those who enjoyed the earlier seasons of Bosch, season 5 is now on Amazon Prime. I'll get back into it tonight.

Season 5, Episode 1. Two Kinds of Truth

Detective Harry Bosch learns the DA's office is examining new evidence which threatens to overturn an old case, potentially jeopardizing all of Bosch's other convictions. Meanwhile, a robbery turned murder at a local pharmacy exposes an opioid ring that drags Bosch down a dangerous path.

https://i1.wp.com/somanyshows.com/wp...00%2C593&ssl=1

2fastdriving 04-22-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 962478)
For those who enjoyed the earlier seasons of Bosch, season 5 is now on Amazon Prime. I'll get back into it tonight.

Season 5, Episode 1. Two Kinds of Truth

Detective Harry Bosch learns the DA's office is examining new evidence which threatens to overturn an old case, potentially jeopardizing all of Bosch's other convictions. Meanwhile, a robbery turned murder at a local pharmacy exposes an opioid ring that drags Bosch down a dangerous path.

https://i1.wp.com/somanyshows.com/wp...00%2C593&ssl=1

I'm almost finished with the new season already. It's ok, but in my opinion the first 2 or 3 seasons were by far the best and it's kind of flatlined since. All in all, I love the character and the show in general. I'll keep watching if they keep makin' em.:thumbsup:

jdandy 04-22-2019 07:14 PM

I like his vintage McIntosh system with the Ohm Walsh speakers. In the series that's his daughter checking it out.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...942b965a_b.jpg

Still-One 04-22-2019 07:24 PM

Dan
I have read all of the Bosch books by Michael Connelly. Both my wife and I have enjoyed the way they have moved his books to TV often combining more than one book into a seasons story line. They are actually doing that again this year. We are only three episodes in, whereas by brother binge watched all 10 between Saturday and Sunday.

80B 04-22-2019 07:25 PM

With music by Red Garland and Eddie Lockjaw Davis, on that gear, it can't be all bad. :smoking:

Toccata 04-23-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 962481)
I like his vintage McIntosh system with the Ohm Walsh speakers. In the series that's his daughter checking it out.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...942b965a_b.jpg

I have never seen his other speaker...I wonder where it is.

Weirdcuba 04-24-2019 11:37 AM

I binged the entire season this weekend. I thought it was a significant fall off from the prior seasons. I also found the cinematography a little off - people looked pasted onto the screen or something like that.

Still loved it though.

1KW 04-24-2019 05:05 PM

I just started season 1 this week, thanks for the recommendation

jdandy 04-24-2019 05:12 PM

I watched two episodes of season 5 last night. A little slow to get rolling but still enjoyable.

Still-One 04-24-2019 07:22 PM

What I like about series such as Bosch and several of the British Crime Dramas is the time they take to play out the timeline. One hour dramas have their place but due to time constraints they must skip over the small details.

Each of the seasons can stand alone but it helps if you have watched from the beginning (or have read the books) then you will understand why it was interesting when be selected Honey Chandler as his attorney. How he was able to purchase the hosue he lives in on a Detectives salary. Why his daughter is living with him.......

jdandy 04-25-2019 12:14 AM

Jim.......You're right. Having the full background keeps things in focus. I have enjoyed every season of Bosch and enjoying Season 5 as well.

Toccata 04-25-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 962739)
What I like about series such as Bosch and several of the British Crime Dramas is the time they take to play out the timeline. One hour dramas have their place but due to time constraints they must skip over the small details.

Do you watch Forgotten on PBS or Line of Duty on Hulu? Both are superb and examine one crime in detail. LoD is one of my favorite detective shows ever. Each episode explores crimes by "one of their own." Features fantastic writing and acting.

Still-One 04-25-2019 03:28 PM

Yes, I watch "Unforgotten" on PBS. I think we just watched Espisode 3 for the current season. Have not seen Line of Duty.

Some of my favorites series:
"Happy Valley" have been waiting several years for the final season.
"Broadchurch" this is where I first saw Olive Coleman.
"The Fall"
"Marcella"
"Collateral"

2fastdriving 04-26-2019 12:30 AM

He names his dog Coltrane. Cool, but I don't know how he got a dog!

t3chnobrat 04-26-2019 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 962842)
He names his dog Coltrane. Cool, but I don't know how he got a dog!

I don't want to spoil anything..Isn't that the dog he saved in the dessert camp?

2fastdriving 04-26-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3chnobrat (Post 962845)
I don't want to spoil anything..Isn't that the dog he saved in the dessert camp?

Oh yeah... I had forgotten about that! They didn't tie that together very well in my opinion.

Definitely not a spoiler.

jzzmusician 05-03-2019 11:30 PM

Damn you Dan. I'll say it again; damn you.

I've read all the Bosch novels and enjoyed them. I also have a coffee mug that says, "Never judge a book by the movie."

A friend made me a CD a few years ago entitled, "The Music of Harry Bosch." He painstakingly recorded almost all of the music mentioned in the novels. It's a delight to listen to.

Tonight, a bit bored I decided to try the Bosch series. I started with season one.

Unfortunately I now know what binge watching is.

Like I said, damn you.

Oh yeah, and thank you!

- Bob

Still-One 05-04-2019 12:10 AM

We finished season five last evening. Maybe not the best season but still very enjoyable

My one problem with the series is having them jump so far forward in using “Two Kinds of Truth” as the basis for the storyline. This is one of the last books in the series and there are so many more they could have chosen first.

jdandy 05-04-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzzmusician (Post 963650)
Tonight, a bit bored I decided to try the Bosch series. I started with season one.

Unfortunately I now know what binge watching is.

Like I said, damn you.

Oh yeah, and thank you!

Bob.......Thanks for the chuckle. The series Bosch is quite enjoyable. I finished watching season 5 earlier in the week. Looking forward to more.

aclearspot 04-01-2020 12:31 AM

Bosch

I recognized the Walsh speakers right away. Tonite I noticed the Mcgear in season 2. Good series, nice gear.

Still-One 04-01-2020 12:14 PM

Season 6 is due on April 17. Something to look forward to for us shut-ins. :D

2fastdriving 04-01-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 1000380)
Season 6 is due on April 17. Something to look forward to for us shut-ins. :D

Yes, I am looking forward to it. finishing up Ozark season 3 now, it's great (I saw your other comments on that thread)

The last season of Bosch wasn't as strong. In fact, it's steadily gone downhill in my opinion, from a great show to an ok show. I hope this season is a little more exciting, as I really love the characters.

Still-One 04-17-2020 02:46 PM

Season 6 now out.

Antonmb 04-17-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 1002269)
Season 6 now out.

Cool.

Still-One 04-17-2020 11:34 PM

We watched the first 3 episodes of Season 6 tonight

Antonmb 04-18-2020 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 1002320)
We watched the first 3 episodes of Season 6 tonight

Same here, pretty good so far.

2fastdriving 04-18-2020 02:58 AM

I'm on episode 6. It's OK, maybe a little boring. I think it's best days are past.

But still, I love the characters.

2fastdriving 04-19-2020 10:54 AM

I'm finished with the whole thing now. I think it got much better as it went, and overall I'm pretty satisfied with the season. I liked it more than the last one.

I particularly liked chief Irving, although he got more airtime in the first several seasons. He's great. Total badass.

If they keep making em, I'll keep watching.

Still-One 04-19-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 1002473)
I'm finished with the whole thing now. I think it got much better as it went, and overall I'm pretty satisfied with the season. I liked it more than the last one.

I particularly liked chief Irving, although he got more airtime in the first several seasons. He's great. Total badass.

If they keep making em, I'll keep watching.

Unfortunately just one more season. :cry:

FreddieFerric 01-08-2021 12:14 PM

I wonder if Season 7 will be delayed due to Covid and the lockdowns? I hope not, but I'd understand if it is pushed back.

We started re-watching Season 1 last night just because we could.

radio times 01-08-2021 08:41 PM

I too have binged on the Bosch.

Cohibaman 01-08-2021 09:03 PM

It starts off a little slow and he’s a bit gravely, but it’s a very good series. Definitely a good series.

Formerly YB-2 07-10-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toccata (Post 962643)
I have never seen his other speaker...I wonder where it is.

McIntosh MX110 & MC240 with a Marantz TT. The second speaker is well to the left in front of the glass wall. Nice that he is enough of an audiophile that he knows vinyl sounds best and wants to get his daughter a vinyl rig.

radio times 07-11-2021 04:46 AM

Watched it in two sessions. It was OK, shame it's the last.

Formerly YB-2 07-11-2021 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radio times (Post 1041218)
Watched it in two sessions. It was OK, shame it's the last.

Now that's what I call "binge watching". :thumbsup:

radio times 07-11-2021 02:34 PM

Binged on the books as well. Just hope someone can bring the Phillip Kerr books to life.

Cohibaman 07-12-2021 12:07 AM

Apparently there’s a spin-off coming. He’s going to be a PI. I hope the rumor is true.

johnmiles 07-16-2021 06:14 AM

Native applications are software developed using the Android mobile platform. The android ecosystem includes a number of different operating systems and a number of different apps. The android API provides the ability for developers to write code that runs on the Android platform. The android support provides the ability for developers to create unique and engaging apps that can run on the Android platform. When a business chooses an android tech stack to develop their app they can choose from any of the following devices https://mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-build...e-from-scratch

Still-One 07-17-2021 06:10 PM

We watched the first three episodes of season 7 last evening. Will pick it up again tonight.

clpetersen 07-17-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 1041671)
We watched the first three episodes of season 7 last evening. Will pick it up again tonight.

Season 7 -- is that the newest/last season? enjoyed watching this series and picked up a few good jazz tips as well :) 'the late, great, Art Pepper'